how do you delete unwanted junk files?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

missterious2005

this is the space on my ipod:

songs : 186
capacity: 18.5 GB
available: 12.0 GB
Version: 3.0.2

it seems rather a lot for only 186 songs.

I have searched the forums and have come to the conclusion that it could be I've got junk files on there (the files that look in a foreign language, with funny symbols that don't make any sense), and thats what is taking up extra memory.

Does anyone know how to delete these files at all?

Or I'm thinking of deleting all my songs and starting all over again coz im getting really hacked off with this!!!!!

Also could you explain it clearly and simpley because i am completely thick and dumb when it comes to ipods and computers

please please please help

Options:
Connect the iPod & set it to manually manage songs and playlist (edit>pref>ipod) then you will have access to the iPod songs directly.
Then just delete the files directly off of the iPod. Then you can change it back over to auto when done.
or
Open the updater, connect the iPod then click on the restore button. This will set the iPod back to its factory settings and erase all of its contents. This I think will be the best option.

missterious2005

okay, and will this delete the junk files?

and if it does when I load back my songs will the junk files come back?

ps how do you open the updater? (i told you i was thick):(

missterious2005

thank you, the junk files aren't in the library, and I'm not sure if the porblem even is the junk files, I was just guessing.

the bad thing is the laptop im doin it on is not really built for ipods, its really low memory and slow as hell, and it takes hours to do it.

omg i am so stressed i have pmt and everything and i just want it to work but i am so impatient!!!!!!!

do you think if i update the ipod it will fix the problem?