Cassette Adaptor error in tpae player.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

T-Dubb

I own a 97 ford taurus, I bought both the Sony and a JBC tape deck adaptor to see which one would work hopefully (saw around its hit or miss with these things). I first tried the JBC one that worked perfect first try and I found had no distortion (but im use to fm trans so I could be a jsut to happy for no static haha) and worked perfectly! All was great untill I used my car again the next day to find that now no matter what adaptor I use I get a TDE 1 or 3 and the tape pops out what kills me is that it worked first time only and not now, it plays for about a second when i put it in then pops out. Anyone with a Ford have this happen because I imagine that they all have the same cassette players.

MtnBikerChk

I have a 99 Explorer sport and had the same issue with my cassette adapter. I bought the Monster one and it worked for about a week. Then it stopped working and the player kept spitting it out.

Regular tapes still play fine (I had to dig hard to find one) and the adapter works in my friends' volvo tape deck.

Solution: I trashed it and got an iTrip. No more problem.

T-Dubb

I have a radio transmitter but it sucks and i get static no matter what station im on, I have that white belkin one.

andyhdz

same thing

Have the same problem with my belkin cassette adapater. getting a fm transmitter is not an option for me b/c I don't want to spend that much but I've read that the radio shack cassette adapters don't cause this "spitting out" problem. Of course if I buy it then I would have invested $40 already and should have bought a transmitter in the first place! :(

Also read that heating up the cassette adapter seems to make it work. wish I knew about these problems before. Do your research before buying anything!

K1W1

Have you tried using the fast forward or reverse buttons on the head unit when the cassette adapter is in it?
The reason the adapter is being spat out is because the HU thinks it's at the end of the tape.
Try helping yourself by playing with the various buttons and see what happens.

andyhdz

oh yeah

oh believe me I've tried hitting every possible button and button combination I can think of. I work at a IT help desk so I'm pretty good at troubleshooting. I can't find a rhyme or reason on why it happens or why it stops. Like I said the leading candidate so far is that it only happens in the morning or very late night when it's cold. And I live in California! I hate to think of the problems I would have if I lived on the east coast!

T-Dubb

Iv tried almost all that to. Someone said try cleaning the tape reader thing.

lazerbrains555

The solution is....

I had the same problem I have a 96 Ford Explorer and I bought the radioshack tape adapter and it kept giving me errors and switching sides on me. I took it back and got the sony one. If you look at the tape adapter where the tape head is, the space on the right needs to have tape in it. This is the part the deck looks for. The sony adapter has a little peice of tape there (not scotch tape but real audio tape). This stops the deck from flipping sides. Any adapter with that there should work but I know for sure that the Sony one works great.

niteflyp38

i have the same problem with a casette adapter from radio shack, bu the error the tape player gives me doesnt have to do with reading the tape, it has to do with not being able to spin the little spinner things

filipina415

that's an interesting point you brought up lazerbrains.
i had a sony adapter for the past few years & ever since i washed my car last week, the tape keeps switching on me. you think that maybe the tape on the sony has worn out and i have to get a new one?

lazerbrains

It sounds like it might be the problem. Look at the cassette adapter and see if the tape to the right of the tape head has tape there. If it does maybe it has come loose or is warped. If it doesn't that is most likely your problem. These are just guesses but take a look and you might find your answer.

Lazerbrains

filipina415

hey lazerbrains

i looked at my sony adaptor and there is a type of "rubber band" on one side of the tape. i'm not sure if it's warped looking however. the sony adaptor works well on my home stereo. i think i will just buy another one anyway and if that doesn't work, i can always return it.

aww hell....it could just be b/c i drive a ford!
but tapes work fine in it.
have you tried an FM transmitter. I am tempted to get one but I hear how they aren't very good if you take road trips.

thanks for all your help.

filipina415

a new sony adapter works perfect

for all you ford owners who can't seem to get your cassette adapters to work in your cars, i can tell you what worked for me......a new sony adapter! i had one prior and for some reason it would switch back and forth between side a and b. seems the old one was too old.

lazerbrains was right when he said to get one that has a tape on it b/c the ford needs to recognize it actually has a tape in the machine. so, now it's working perfect. also, sony is the only one i could find here in california with that tape indicator. cost about $20.

it also saved me alot of money b/c i didn't have to get one of those overrated fm transmitters and blow $70.

thanks again lazerbrains you saved my life!!!!!!muah

Bino

I have a 99 Nissan Maxima, and I use the Monster tape adapter. I was experiencing the exact same problems as you, until now...

I opened up the tape adapter using a screw driver. I lubed up all of the cogs inside of the tape adapter (don't tuch any of the wires or the circuit board). This creates more fluid motion in the tape adapter. No longer will your tape deck sense tension in the tape adapter, and force the tape to turn over, and then turn back.

WD40 is all you need, and it fixed my problem instantly. Haven't experienced the problem since I employed this technique. I strongly recommend it to all!

Ritalin

Bino said:
I have a 99 Nissan Maxima, and I use the Monster tape adapter. I was experiencing the exact same problems as you, until now...

I opened up the tape adapter using a screw driver. I lubed up all of the cogs inside of the tape adapter (don't tuch any of the wires or the circuit board). This creates more fluid motion in the tape adapter. No longer will your tape deck sense tension in the tape adapter, and force the tape to turn over, and then turn back.

WD40 is all you need, and it fixed my problem instantly. Haven't experienced the problem since I employed this technique. I strongly recommend it to all!
I got the monster adapter today and tried the wd40 trick and it didn't work. I lubed everything. Still spits out the tape. I guess I'll take it back and try another brand...