can u exchange an iPod for a newer version?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

alizaidi

hello everyone.. i was given a a 4g 20gb iPod for christmas:D , but I am having trouble, because my music collection doesn't completely fit on the 18.5 gb alloted by the iPod. I wanted to purchase the new 30gb or 40gb iPod photo. i also my iPod enrolled in the 2 year plan for warranty. Is there a way i can exchange my iPod for the newer photo?:confused: I would pay the price difference of the two pods.

What do you all think?

phatpat737

Wizards
i have the same problem, i got my ipod for christmas and i really want the photo, willing to pay difference, but the question is how?

kornchild2002

If you purchased it online then just call apple 1-800-MY-APPLE to exchange it as long as it is less than thirty days old. If you have owned if form more than 30 Days then you are stuck. If you have owned it less than 30 days then call apple and you will get however much credit you payed for your iPod towards a new iPod. If you purchased it online or over the phone you will have to purchase another service plan, if you purchased it in the store then you can simply take your old iPod back, get a new one, and they will transfer your warranty over.

Remeber, if you have owned it for more than 30 days you can't do anything.

alizaidi

even if i have the warrany?

so are you saying that even though I have the 2 year warranty, i am stuck with the old iPod? What if something goes wrong with it? can i atleast return my iPod and get my money back, and maybe use that money to purchase a newer one?:confused:

kornchild2002

You can't get your money back or get a new one if it is older than 30 days. With the warranty, if something goes wrong Apple will replace it but they keep a bunch of older iPods around. People who send off their 2G iPods are getting back 2G iPods. The warranty your purchased for your 4G 20GB iPod will insure that you keep your 4G 20GB iPod, if something is wrong with it and it is beyond repair they will send you a new one/refurbished one. The only way you can get your money back or get a upgrade is by doing it within 30 days after your purchase. If you purchased it at Best Buy then you could trade up but from apple.com (which is where I assumed you purchased it from) then you are stuck.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Are you saying being "Stuck" with the old iPod is a bad thing? I'll never understand this frame of mind.

The warrenties generally only cover defects to workmanship, not protection from the appearance of new products. This is definetly the case if you have the apple warrenty, if you have another type of warrenty (From say best buy or circuit city) this may be different. You'll have to read the conditions of them though.

Your only recourse if you are past your return date is to sell your iPod on ebay, locally, etc. Then use the proceeds to purchase a new iPod if that is what you wish to do.

jngrossmann

Who me? Couldn't be!
LOL, that's exactly what apple wants people to be thinking right now. Good luck giving what in my mind is a good company even more $ out of you pockets lol.

alizaidi

haha, i suppose you are right... I am not unsatisfied with my iPod, i just suppose apple does a good job in enticing me to purchase the newest models... this is my first iPod, and i love entirely, but i wouldn't mind having a larger memory. if i do decide to resell my iPod, how much would it probably go for? I have always had it in my iSee case, so there are no scratches on the front, but you can tell that it has been used from the metallic back. Nothing that couldn't be erased with the use of the iPod apple scratch remover...

p.s. - i like your quote jngrossman, the quote is definitely right, and i am definitely at fault with being engrossed in materialism...........

kornchild2002

The same thing will happen when the 5G iPods come out, everyone will look at the photos and want to exchange them for the new iPods.