How do you know when its fully charged?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

zip22

you dont. you just know how long it was charged, how long you've been using it, and when its dead. its really not an issue unless you go days without pluggin it in somewhere

zip22

yeah i think green is just "good charge" mine has always been green, even after 3 hours of use.

iZach

i just plug it in all night and take it in the morning every day and ive never seen it go any lower then green.

zip22

theres no harm in just leaving it charging overnight or whenever.

VitB6

I concur with read the manual. Threads like this should be deleted. There is a BIG section entitled, BATTERY OPERATION!

superslacker

There are 2 things the lights indicate: battery status and charging status. It's easy to get the two confused.

When checking battery status by pressing the button on the back of the shuffle, green means >50%, amber >25%, red <%25. I'm guessing at these numbers but I've seen them posted elsewhere and from experience I agree with them.

When charging, the lights on both the back and the front will indicate charging status. In this case, amber means charging, green means full charge. I believe full charge is about 80%. If you leave it in for another hour or two, it trickle charges to 100%. While charging, you can press the battery button on the back to check the battery status (green/amber/red).

Sometimes you can't tell if the unit is charging or not because the light is blinking amber. If in Windows, eject the ipod in Windows Explorer by right clicking and the ipod's drive letter. The light will turn to solid amber and you can confirm that it is indeed charging. It'll turn green when fully charged.

ciprol

Given its 12+ hours continuous op time. Do you really care if it reaches a full charge? Unless you are going to be away from your computer for days, it's hardly a problem is it?

In any case, as long as you leave it connected for a few hours, you can't go wrong. Further, if it's mounted on the desktop and it's flashing amber, then a quick press of the indicator button on the back will tell you the charge state. And if you really want to tell if it's really fully and totally charged prior to your big holiday, then just unmount from your desktop and wait for the continous green light on the front panel.