MusicMatch 8.0

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kayle12

Apple Rocks!
Hello,
I need Help! I just downloaded MusicMatch 8.0 the New one and it won't let me use it with my code from Apple. It says mine is for 7.5 plus not anything newer. Can anyone help! Is anyone having the same problem? Thanks a lot Kayle :)

portersa

Try installing the version from the iPod (7.50.5002) first and then install 8 on top of it. I got it to upgrade, but it wouldn't work with my iPod. I recommend 7.50.3103.

kayle12

Apple Rocks!
Okay will try. I thaught 7.10.405 came with the iPod. Why didn't 8.0 work? I want to experiment. Thanks Kayle

T

themantis

MusicMatch 8.0 Upgrade

It seems that 8.0 might be available to docking iPod owners for free, but not to owners of scrollwheel or touchwheel iPod owners.

Yet another slap in the face for Windows iPod users.

I consider 8.0 to be just a bug fix for a problematic, sloppy, unacceptable MusicMatch7.5. It is ridiculous that Musicmatch will not allow iPod owners, who undoubtedly make up a large portion of their paid customers, to continue to receive software updates.

I am now no longer recommending iPod to my friends because it seems that neither Apple nor Musicmatch is willing to support its customers with software after as little as one year of product ownership. Unbelievable.

Apotheos

Wow. I mean, double wow.

It would seem that iPod for Windows is no longer a really tenable proposition. Until Apple either gets a better third party, or releases iTunes for Windows, I will no longer be recommending Winpods, nor purchasing them for gifts.

portersa

I wouldn't go that far

I LOVE my iPod, and I wouldn't want someone to not use it becasue of crappy Windows apps. My reaction at first was that MM 7.50.5002 (version on the new iPod cd) needed a lot of help. After working with tech support for a few days, I was given a new version to install. The "new" version has an older build number, but I'm told really is a newer build. I installed 7.50.3103 the other night, and I havne't had any problems with it since. It syncs in a matter of seconds for few changes, or minutes for whole albulm rips. I haven't heard back from MM tech support as to if this version is readily available.

I don't know why Apple would take a great device and pair it with inferior software. In one way I guess it points out how good iTunes is, but at the same time it is obviously frustrating/discouraging new iPod owners.

Give 7.50.3103 a shot before you make any final decisions. :)

Wolfman200

Where can people with docking ipods go to upgrade? I have a 15 gb., and when I use MM to search for updates, it's says there aren't any. By the way, where can I download that version you guys were talking about?

portersa

The other night I did a check for updates and it installed 8. I got 7.50.3103 from tech support after putting up a stink for a few days. I recommend sending in a tech support request and asking for it. Can't hurt.

Outrager

Does Apple tech send you a link to the download for 7.50.3103 or do they e-mail it to you? If it's a link can you just share it?

figured

Website
www.blackskies.ca
i own the old 10gb i am happy that the key doesnt work with the new version of music match. I have hated the program from day one. It is one of the worst music programs i have ever used. I would rather use eph pod or Xplay both are much superior then crappy music match.

TheSunTheSea

I'm feelin supersonic
figured said:
i own the old 10gb i am happy that the key doesnt work with the new version of music match. I have hated the program from day one. It is one of the worst music programs i have ever used. I would rather use eph pod or Xplay both are much superior then crappy music match.
I disagree. It's not "the worst music program" at all. FOR THE IPOD, yes it's not a good application. The synching is slow and can get sloppy at times. But in terms of organizing music and playing them, MusicMatch is truly one of the better apps out there. I use EphPod to synch and manage my iPod, but I'll never stray away from MusicMatch to play my music.

danothemano

I agree, I've tried others and find MM to be the best for me. I don't have any problems with iPod and MM.

pank2002

Feel the ?
I upgraded my version - i have a gen3 ipod. However when i first updated with my key, it would let me. I didnt use the version from the cd either. I think i saw on ipoding that one could just send a email to musicmatch to get a new key.

kayle12

Apple Rocks!
Here's What I got from MusicMatch

Here is what MusicMatch said when I emailed them:
Hello Kayle,

Thank you for your interest in MusicMatch Jukebox 8.0.

Unfortunately All Future Versions (previously known as Lifetime Upgrades) is not included with the iPod version of MusicMatch Jukebox. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can offer any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Ray
MUSICMATCH
Customer Support

Kenny

Super Man
destined_wind said:
Hell, they should have just included Ephpod with their Ipods...Shame on Apple :mad:
Problem with Ephpod is that it's a program that only transfers music. It doesnt actually act as a jukebox/music player like programs such as MMJ or WMP do.

ozsmac

Using Musicmatch to sync for iPod is like using a baseball bat to peel an egg, you can do it but you just would bother.

Now to find that for v8.0 (that may or may not resolve sync issues) we are expected to fork out additional cash is nothing short of amazing (not in a good way). iTunes users are getting upgrades at no additional cost.

Added to this we are still waiting for the basic functionality that all MAC users have been enjoying since day 1.

Apple, are you listening, I was almost converted to getting an iBook, however now i'm not too sure.