POST iTUNES MUSIC STORE PROBLEMS HERE

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ralph124C41

One solution to Music Store connection problem

If you are having trouble connecting to the Music Store, before turning off your firewall check to see if you have the web accelerator for your ISP turned on. I use MSN and I use the accelerator at level two (of five). The ONLY problem I have ever had with the web accelerator is the iTunes Music Store.

I can't talk about other web accelerators offered by other ISPs or by standalone programs, however.

But this works for me.

tonyoz

Website
www.ebook-sales.com
win xp problems-itunes

Most of the problems with Windows XP are due to the installation of 'Service Pack 2' even e-books won't open after!
I wrote an article which has been circulated widely on the internet via different article syndication services called "Microsoft Blues".
If you want to read it go here:http://www.ebook-sales.com/microsoft-blues.html

The final answer to the problem as I state in my article is to uninstall 'Service Pack 2' by going to 'Start' and then 'Control Panel' and then 'Add Remove Progs' highlight 'Service Pack 2' and them click on remove. You then need to reboot and don't download anything more from Microsoft! Bare bones Xp is alright for anything.

TennBikeBerk

I'm running XP Pro with SP2 and have experienced absolutely no problems with SP2 and iTunes, or any other software for that matter. So if you think your problem is due to SP2, it is quite possible it is not.

hr8675309

kzinkl said:
When I start up iTunes and go to the music store I get the same error message. The message is: "iTunes could not connect to the music store. An unknown error occured (-3592). Make sure your network connection is active and try again." I have contacted iTunes help and they suggested that I have a firewall or web accelator that is causing my problem. I do not have a web accelator and I have tried turning off my firewall (from McAfee). This has not helped the problem. I have been able to acces the music store 3 times in about the last month. 1st time was when my wife installed the software, 2nd time last night, I opened the program it didn't work, closed and reopened a couple of minutes later and it worked. It was the first time in several weeks. And the 3rd time was tonight by my wife again and she said that it took several tries to get iTunes to connect. When this error occures I now that my internet connection is on and active because I browse the web. I have SBC DSL. Any ideas on what may be wrong will be appericated.

Thanks
I'm glad you posted that - I think some people think that everyone having this problem has never reached the site. I am in a similar boat to you. I have gotten to the Music Store (to set up the account in the 1st place) but cannot now get back in. That blows the 'you have SP2 (don't), you have a firewall in the way (no), you have a pop-up blocker,...' excuses. And I was once able to rip a CD and have the gracenote.com site automatically register the album info - that doesn't work now either. What's frustrating is that I can (and sounds like everyone else) can access the sites via their browser.

I used to think it was a (over)capacity problem - victims of their own success and their servers couldn't take it. But I was up at 430AM and it still wouldn't connect.

I have a feeling if this were a Microsoft problem it would be being reported on Wired.com and CNN.com by now.

tsc135

so did we ever figure out the solution to the music store problem that says itunes can't connect to music store and won't let you log in

woodman

Error -50 message

Hey folks, I'm having a similar problem - I upgraded to the latest version of itunes, and just purchased an album. I was able to download 2 songs of it, and then it gives me the -50 error - anyone else have a solution? I don't have mcafee, i don't have a firewall, and i had no trouble downloading with the previous version of itunes... gar, this is frustrating...

mcwacko1213

Website
www.dollars-for-you.com
Ok, so i cant even log in. it says i have a connection error. i dont know what to do, i am connected to the internet. and the home page of IMS loads up.. i dont know what to do. any suggestions?

hr8675309

I discovered a few days after I posted that my Toshiba laptop came with a firewall running - not the one I had added and turned off when I first had this problem and found out that the 'advice' was to turn it off. Turning the 2nd firewall off did allow me - with no other changes - to access both the Music Store and the CDDB database to get album data.

You guys should run msconfig (Start -> Run -> msconfig) and check Startup and Services to make sure you know what's running.

Still no word from anyone at Apple. I find the advice 'deactivate your firewall from a PC if you want to use our products' hard to fathom. I wonder if it will take a significant drop in iTunes sales to get any action on their part. I can type in my CD info - and while I'd like to buy some music from their site, I have plenty (my mini is just about full) to entertain me. If I were an Apple shareholder I'd be speaking up at the next public meeting.

SPThom

Website
www.smart-popcorn.com
Apple is requesting specific information now about the (-50) aborted downloads... You can check it out on their discussion forums in the Support tab of their site.

Seems like a lot of people's issues may be related to some Internet Service Providers, particularly Cox Cable (which I have).

SPThom

Website
www.smart-popcorn.com
Still getting it, though at a slightly lesser frequency. I've sent two separate e-mails to the Apple moderator and heard nothing back... Getting annoying.

Last edited:

Bullwinkle

I've down loaded 2 pay songs and 2 free songs from itues so far. Only 1 came through the first time. The other three require multiple attemts over the course of a couple hours, before I got them.

I've sent several email to apple mods and have never gotten a response.

samgray16

itunes (-50) error

ive been getting this error when i try to start up itunes, i cant even use itunes anymore, very odd thing happening here, anyone know whats up?!:confused: