• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Sleeping with your 'Pod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rhodri

i listen to my ipod when i go to sleep through my speakers which are on the unit next toi my bed

very good just set a playlist up and after a couple of songs im sleeping

bcdynamic

Read lots, Post little
Website
forums.bcdynamic.com
smorzander said:
i fall asleep with my ipod mini. i sleep 6 feet in the air in my "loft" (its like a bunk bed w/out the bed on the bottom, only on top) i dont think it will fall cuz my loft has like 1ft sides so i dont fall too. i put my mini on the other side of my bed (queen size) so i dont roll over onto it. and whenever i wake up the earbuds have fallen out. i would rather have a hot girlfriend on that side but i am only 14. (15 ON MARCH 27!) so i guess my mini hasnt tried to suffocate me yet.
Congrats on the birthday (a little early). Maybe I'm just fanatic, but I'd rather wake up with an iPod, than a hot girl. I know, get my head checked. :)

As for being strangled to death by your iPod, that's definitely very hardcore. Would probably be somewhat of a negative-advertising campaign against them, however.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
I haven't done it in a while, but I used to lie on the bed with the earphones on...that didn't work very well coz the earphones kept slipping off. When I get my new headphones, I'll resume that habit though.

Gotta love the iPod! ;) I was so terrified last time, coz I was afraid that I'd lie over the 'Pod!

fp27mj

Website
www.livejournal.com
I sleep with my ipod every night. I plug it in to power either set the sleep timer for an hour and shuffle on a playlist, or let it play through an album or artist. Usually I hook it up to speakers, but occasionally (ex. when on vacation and sharing the room with others) I sleep with the earphones in with no problems.

FistsAfire

Website
www.xanga.com
i fall asleep to my iPod every night. I sleep in a bunk bed. I have a fan above me that has a hook on it that I hang my headphones on so I have "speakers" and don't have to sleep with headphones on, and I have my iPod on a ghetto rig stand (iPod resting on 2 nails in the bedpost). I've got pics that I'll post soon...

iZON

iPod Patrol
Churchy said:
theres a cool "brainwave generator" program you can get (free i think) that outputs wav files that help you sleep ... i might load a couple of em onto my 'pod and let em send me to sleep :)
You gotta link for that? Curious...

bdb

On the B side of life
I also have a playlist called "bedtime". Damien Rice, Iron & Wine, etc. The nice thing about calling it "bedtime" is that its the first playlist - so I can find it in the dark by repeatedly hitting the menu button a few times, then hitting the select button a few times.

I have one of those buckwheat travel ring pillows, which are usually used for putting around your neck to sleep while sitting up. I use that so I can lie on my side and still use the earbuds. Very nice!

When I'm about to drop off, I put them on my nightstand. No strangling involved. ;)

kgirlsbug

I rigged up some Soundsticks (originals) to an Altec Lansing sub that Staples had on sale before Christmas.
I play Reiki music...and some subliminal learning items as well..
Andreas Mock's Merlin's Magic is great if you want an hour long catnap and to wake up refreshed.

bov

i have a stereo on my headboard so what i do, is i use my iTrip to play my songs on the radio and just put the sleep timer the same on both my iPod and my stereo, so they will turn off at the same time without having to listen to static (if the iPod turns off first) :D

Blueskies505

~*Ipod LuVeR*~
I did that once with my cd player, i woke up with one earphone in..one crushed..my cd player under me..and the same song playing over and over rotflol..im not a big person but i dont wanna squish my ipod..i could do alittle damage that way

AaronHeth

I use to toss a lot, but I'm pretty good about that. I've slept with my CD player plenty of times, ocassionally I'd wake up with cords around me but my CD player was always where I had it. Slept with my iPod the other night and woke up with it in the exact same place. :)

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
smorzander said:
i would rather have a hot girlfriend on that side but i am only 14. (15 ON MARCH 27!) so i guess my mini hasnt tried to suffocate me yet.
Amen, Brother!

I'm 14 as well... and yes I wish I had a hot girlfriend, but I guess James satisfies.

Prudence

I sleep with mine all the time, when I'm travelling for business. Either I bring my IM speakers and put it in that, or I just turn my earphones up to the max volume and put it near me, so I don't get tied up in them. I've never knocked it off the bed or anything, and honestly I can't imagine how merely rolling over it could affect it in anyway.

cPod08

Proud Podster :)
I've listened to it in bed, but never while I've slept... I'd probably wake up and it'd be there lying on the floor crushed! I'm not taking any chances anytime soon... ;)