BOSE SoundDock

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Moose Hunter

Señor Lounger
anything Bose is worth it to me. I herad nothing but good reviews. Go for it.

yyoo

Young-Kyu Yoo
You have to like the Bose sound, which isn't for everyone. The SoundDock, like most of their other products, has no midrange. Everything also sounds "echo-ey." If you haven't heard the Bose sound, audition the SoundDock at an Apple Store near you.

I have the SoundDock, the onStage and the old inMotions. The onStage has the most accurate sound, but lacks bass and doesn't have quite the power of the Bose.

evilhomeruk

Currency rage

Things have been pretty good in recent months, with companies actually taking notice of currency devaluations, but the SoundDock price has me once again gnashing my teeth.

US price $299 + tax, let's say 5% = $261.45
UK price ??249 (incl. tax) = $430!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahem.

I could import one, I've got a spare stepdown transformer to convert our 240V to 110V, but due to it's weight, I'd be stiffed for shipping, then hit with import duty and the final whammy, sales tax.

weep.

Daz777777

Totally agree, it's outrageous for UK customers.

How they can justify such a price difference is beyond me.

Daz

bdjohns1

Cheese Whiz
Website
www.ben-johnson.org
Moose Hunter said:
anything Bose is worth it to me. I herad nothing but good reviews. Go for it.
BOSE =

Better
Off (with)
Something
Else

Bose is a marketing company. Those Acoustimass speakers you pay $2000/set for? The drivers can be bought online for $4 each. $150 TriPort headphones? Better ones can be had for $50.

Debaser

Ipodologist
I have a nissan 350z and the only thing I don't like is the very disappointing Bose system. It lacks bass and the midrange is too high.

rmoody

Yeah, Bose + Apple iPod = Charge whatever the **** you want for it. I like Bose and all, but not THAT much. the inMotion sounded good for me, for what I would do with it. If I were "important" where I would and had my very own cubicle, I would want something like this. In that application, the overal volume would not be important because it would have to be low anyway, but still be clear.

chrisboiii

bdjohns1 said:
BOSE =

Better
Off (with)
Something
Else

Bose is a marketing company. Those Acoustimass speakers you pay $2000/set for? The drivers can be bought online for $4 each. $150 TriPort headphones? Better ones can be had for $50.
Okay okay, we get it. Bose = Better Off blah blah blah. Enough already. No need to use the same acronyms a million times.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
No kidding. I personally love Bose products. Oh, sure, you audiophiles all say the same thing. "Bose is terrible! The sound isn't realistic! Go buy expensive Grados!" But I like the Bose sound. It's rich, full, and warm, with plenty of bass. I would buy the Sound dock if I had the money. Same with the Triports, and if I used cans more.

swy32x

Joshdude said:
No kidding. I personally love Bose products. Oh, sure, you audiophiles all say the same thing. "Bose is terrible! The sound isn't realistic! Go buy expensive Grados!" But I like the Bose sound. It's rich, full, and warm, with plenty of bass. I would buy the Sound dock if I had the money. Same with the Triports, and if I used cans more.
Lol, I was just about to post - Can't wait until Joshdude gets here to defend the Bose's and right at the bottom of the page I see this post!

:D

snakehips

Does an import into the UK really need a stepdown transformer? Surely a 2-pin to 3-pin plug converter is enough?