Solution to the EU Volume Limitation!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bog

When I was speaking to Apple prior to returning the low volume Eu version they were quite open and honest about it and tried offering solutions with other headphones etc. I asked if they could possibley point me the direction of a fix or give a clue of how to make the thing louder, very politely the German man said he would love to but it is illegal in the Eu and it would be irresponsible of him to offer such advice. He agreed that the thing was a lot quieter and expressed his frustration in a mild way.

I spoke with an Irish rep and he more or less told me the same in so much as there is an enforced volume cap in the EEC but he was quite happy with his 3G and couldn't hear much outside interference when using it publicly. The latter may be a suggested softner for the moaning minnies like me.

Another gripe would be that there is little in the way of up front information about this from Apple and surely they should now consider a simplistic message n their spec sheet....NOT LOUD ENOUGH ! ! ! ! !...

One week til D-Day for the US 3g 30 gig.....all being well.....

Cheers

Nige

ah ME mon

I bought a 10 gig Windows ipod that I reformatted for my mac at work, and using MacDrive, I use it on my pc at home. After seeing this post, I decided to to poke around and decided to show the invisible files on my ipod while attached to my pc. There in the "device" folder was a small 1k file called "LIMIT."

I live and purcahsed my ipod in Ontario, Canada. WHY would this "limit" file BE there?

I trashed it BTW, and have noticed squat. A little bit of diddly, tho, but mostly squat.

What gives?
:confused:

ah ME mon

whoah! looks like I spoke too soon! this thing is muthaphunkin LOUD!!

but, why did my Ipod have the Limit file to begin with?

kpios894

Hello from Greece,
I own a windows version 10GB 2nd generation iPod.
I tested my iPod using either firmware 1.22 (which is in the original cd) or 1.3 (downloaded from Apple) for several times on WinXP En with Greek localizations.Here are my conclusions:
1.There was no limit file in either cases.
2.Using 1.22 the volume level was indeed not enough.
3.Using 1.3 the volume level change dramatically louder, so much that the original headphones couldn't handle it.
4.I think that the problem with the volume limitation only persists when using 1.22 firmware.That is why Apple describe it as for European customers only.There is no such description in 1.3 Updater...
So Apple gave the solution silently....????

Galwegian19

I've had a 3G 10gb iPod for a couple of months, and I've just recently been surfing through this forum for tips and things...then i came across this discussion. I didn't even notice there was a "volume cap" (or so u all say there is). I use my iPod everywhere; at home; at college; on trains, planes and automobiles...and it works fine. I live in Ireland and I have an EU iPod but only have the volume at about 75% as any higher my ears start ringing when i turn it off. What are you all trying to do with your iPods? Play it over a PA system or something? There is nothing wrong with EU iPods...I must admit, you can drastically change the volume level through iTunes, but that distorts most songs....so anyways, shut up moaning about volume and spend some time finding some new cool things about the iPod! ;)

ViPodizer

Website
www.indri.be
iMod works great on 4G too

Just apply iMod on my brand new 4G 40Gb iPod... Simple and efficient as I like them, the tool has only two buttons. One displaying the possible action to take depending on the situation (Disable Limit/ Enable limit) and one to quit te app... and it works great... bravo

can be found at http://www.pochoirs.de/software_es.htm

enjoy...

Valery

gregedwards

Cheers for that line to iMod. As the Ronseal adv says, 'it does exactly what it says on the tin!'

Prob not as much as a boost as euPod, pod it's a hell of a lot easier. And it doesn't pose the potential resync threat if you forget to do something when you add new songs later, or attach your ipod at the wrong moment (yes I did that, and had to wait ages for a complete resync... not a happy bunny).

yrellag

YES IMOD WORKS!!!

I heard a friends American ipod and wanted mine to sound as good...

So here it is..

It does the job 100% removing the junk volume block that ruins any Euro ipod.

Purchased a brand new G4 40gb Euro ipod from me local PC world here today in the uk,
put on itunes and a few albums.

Downloaded iMod from:

http://www.pochoirs.de/software_es.htm

Then run it...

The first time i tryed it nothing, then second time Bingo.

Volume goes much, much louder, and the ipod has a much more deeper sound.

Great work, at last a fix for people here in the UK that wish for a ipod like one from the USA. So it's job done!

Great work iMod who ever you are!

Very clever and Kind to boot!

:D

Mojo Man

Volume Cure for OS 9.2??

Intrigued by the TinkerTool solution, but download.com suggests the program is only applicable to OS X.

Is there a corresponding solution (ie. locating secret limit file and, er, eliminating it) for OS 9.2?

I am an ignoramus and am uncertain which "generation" iPod I have. It's the 40G one (acquired, Christmas 2003) with buttons and clickwheel.

Thanks in advance for any help you people can afford me.

Best,

Mojo Man

freyabo

Just used iMOD on my iPod Mini, it works great!
The low volume was driving me nuts, useless on the tube, now I should be able to hear the music and not the rattling of the carriages - ha!:D

Thanks iPodders!
:cool:

aggie

freyabo said:
Just used iMOD on my iPod Mini, it works great!
The low volume was driving me nuts, useless on the tube, now I should be able to hear the music and not the rattling of the carriages - ha!:D

Thanks iPodders!
:cool:
:) My USA bought 40G/3rdGen pod's battery went awol after 8 months. Back to Apple (europe). Replacement (not brand new?), LOW volume(so beware when returning USA stock for repair in UK). iMod cured this!!! The other recommended site is all in German, I can't use it.
Thanks for this tip.

aggie

Use Gopod, it's in English. iMod site is in German. Makes it harder if you cannot read German.
ps Gopod worked for me.

mike-ipod

I have 2 iPods - 60GB Photo and 1GB Shuffle - and both suffer from sounding too quiet. Both are Eu (bought in the UK). I have tried both Eupod and GoPod after reading through this thread - GoPod won't recognise the Shuffle and Eupod claims it has boosted the Shuffle but it still sounds quite quiet to me.

So despite all these things it's the Shuffle that I can't get loud. Do other people find that GoPod works on the Shuffle?

Also - although my Photo is better and does sound louder- I can't help thinking from reading other people's comments that mine isn't as loud as I'd like. Anyone find that their iPod is still not really loud despite trying all these things?

Mike

kristomi

Does uncapping the euro iPod, and so on allowing you to play your songs louder, affect the battery capasity of the iPod? Louder volume should result in lower battery...