Cases within Cases: an Exo3 and iVod/Lilipod Question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Periphrast

Barium's the New Absinthe
Website
users.rcn.com
Here's a question to which I didn't find the answer in my cursory utilization of ye olde search engine:

Has anyone used the exo3 skin in combination with the iVod, the lilipod or any other comparable external case? Recently, I ordered an exo3 which, given Lajo's recent track record, should arrive three decades from this Monday. I was forced to pick up a lilipod because I bought the iPod in a rainstorm, and the exo3 is purported to be the thinnest silicone case. If no one answers the lilipod question here, I'll answer it for you whenever I get the exo3. As for the iVod question, I'd love to know before even considering the purchase. Also: At that point, I'd have bought *three different cases* for a 15GB iPod that's no longer manufactured!

Something I've considered (but am not rich or brave enough to try): using the 10-20GB exo3 inside a 40GB iVod case.

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
I dont think any of the rubber "skin type" protectors will fit in the i-vod. Its quite a snug fit bare. I do use the sticker type back protectors (i-condom if you want a giggle) the pack had multiple back and screen sticker-style covers for about $6. I just wanted something to help prevent scratching going in and out of the real case. Call me anal about my iPod.

You might also want to check the thickness of macskinz, I believe they are on the thin side.

Periphrast

Website
users.rcn.com
That sounds logical, if not definitive, though it sounds as if you might have tried some sort of skin with your iVod. I will be trying the iCondom (grin, sputter, neigh, arf, zz) on your qualified recommendation.

I'm also very curious about the garish ("guess what I'm wearing around my neck like a St. Bernard (hint, white white white, snicker, snort, tee-hee, hello, I'm dead)") but practical lilipod's compatibility with the exo3. Leaving the skin on would counteract the worst aspect of the lilipod: Its chafing of the lower left corner of my festive ipp-odd.

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
Periphrast said:
That sounds logical, if not definitive, though it sounds as if you might have tried some sort of skin with your iVod. I will be trying the iCondom (grin, sputter, neigh, arf, zz) on your qualified recommendation.
I did own an iSkin before my i-vod but never attampted to use them in tandem. I did have a good thickness perspective and am pritty comfortabe in saying the iPod would be too wide for the vaja. Another point, heat. All those cases would give the iPod very little chance to breath.

Periphrast

Website
users.rcn.com
jwc110869 said:
I did have a good thickness perspective and am pritty comfortabe in saying the iPod would be too wide for the vaja.
Thanks for the (empirical!) perspective. The idea now sounds dubious, even with the thinnest silicone/rubber case (which the Exo3 is purported to be).

Another point, heat. All those cases would give the iPod very little chance to breath.
Another good point. So much for the iVod/Exo question.

While the lilipod/exo3 might not be good for the iPod either, I'm thinking they wouldn't hurt the iPod if I were only protecting it during brief periods in the rain. I'd still like to find out whether the Exo3 fits in comfortably into the lilipod. Anyone?

ipoddy2

I called STM cocoon asking if I could put a regular 2mm iSkin in the cocoon. They said it fits fine.

Since the EX03 is only .7mm it sould easily fit in.

Jim