iPod stuck on "apple" symbol

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iPodYousir

My iPod is just sitting there, stuck on the "apple" symbol. It wont reset, it wont charge, and the computer won't recognize it (I'm using the regular outlet, not USB). If I put my ear up to the bottom outlet of my iPod (the main one) I hear a whizzing sound, like the iPod has a motor running. It suggests that the iPod is overheated, but it is relatively cool, and has been in a 70 degree room with a fan on for a day or two.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ink Noise

Website
www.overmused.com
iPodlounge.com FAQ
Q: My iPod is stuck on the Apple logo. I can't get it to change. I've tried pressing all the buttons (e.g. a Reset) but it still won't respond. What can I do?

A: Try Forced Firewire Mode. If the Apple logo is not showing on your iPod, try a Reset by pressing and holding the Menu + Pause/Play buttons for 10 seconds or so. At the Apple logo, press the FF and REW buttons until it says "OK to Disconnect". Then connect your iPod to the computer.

Unmount it normally, it should be back to normal. If not, put it back into Forced Firewire Mode and do a Restore with the Apple Software Updater.

EvilDude

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
I've replied to this problem so many times. *sigh*

Search the forums!!

You gotta put the iPod into disk mode, and then restore.

First reset the iPod (hold down menu and play/pause) then put it into disk mode (hold down prev and next). now it will switch to disk mode, and you can plug it into the computer. It will be recognised, and you can run the software updater. Backup any files etc and then restore the iPod and it should work again!

jayneyo

VERY HAPPY!
EvilDude, what do you do if the iPod won't go in to disk mode.
My friend is havig this problem ight now and needs help!

maheshb1

Same problem!!!

My 3G ipod is more than a year old. I have been facing the same problem that others have been facing.... after switching on, it is stuck at the apple logo. I have to press "Menu+Play/Pause" button and it comes back to the same logo. Doing it repeatedly, sometimes about 10 times will make it come back to the main menu. I am quite annoyed with this. I have even upgraded the firmware to 2.2, but in vain. What is the solution?

EvilDude

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
First of all, after menu+play/pause, hold down rewind and fast forward for Disk mode. now attach to computer, restore.

if you can't get into diskmode, there is something seriously wrong with the iPod. it's close to impossible to actually stuff up iPod enough to not go into disk mode.
Make sure that you hold down rewind + play/pause for long enough.

TimDH

is it rewind and play/pause or rewind and fast forward to enter disk mode?

ante

EvilDude said:
First of all, after menu+play/pause, hold down rewind and fast forward for Disk mode. now attach to computer, restore.

if you can't get into diskmode, there is something seriously wrong with the iPod. it's close to impossible to actually stuff up iPod enough to not go into disk mode.
Make sure that you hold down rewind + play/pause for long enough.
How long is long enough? I'm having difficulty getting mine into Disk mode myself. I've tried as long as a min or maybe longer.. still no dice.

Also IF it is borked badly enoughto not be able to enter disk mode (or diagnostic mode for that matter) is it a hardrive problem or is something faulty with the motherboard?

maheshb1

What's the reason for this problem?

There are a lot of people posting about this problem of ipods getting
stuck at apple logo. I have been seeing repeated replies about
how to get out of that mode (pressing menu+play/pause button).
In my case, I have to press menu/Play+Pause button about 10 times
to come out of it to the main screen. It does work after about
10 attempts.

MY BIG QUESTION: What is causing this suddenly? What has
gone wrong? Is there a root-cause identified?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

EvilDude

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
The error has something to do with partition table or something getting stuffed.

Hapenned that one time, and never again for me.

And long enough means about 10 seconds or so.