Apple logo will not go away! Please help.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pdx8888

I have a 20GB IPod where the Apple logo won?t go away. Tried doing a reset (Play/Pause & Menu) which causes the apple logo to disappear then reappear. Then tried forcing into disk mode (FF & REW) but could not get to it. I have tried to drain the battery but I am not sure if was completely drained before testing again?any techniques to get the battery drained? I?ve only had it for about two weeks but I had big plans for this little guy. Anything else I can try before sending it in to Apple and being separated for who knows how long?
Thanks,
Mark

W9FIF

If you're anywhere near discharged, reset will not work. Charge or try reset while on charge. Mine has required reset in the dock twice in 6 months.

So... you HAVE tried a reset while connected to a charger? That is the sum total of my experience with difficult resets. Sorry!

Last edited:

Rakey

I have a similar problem, done all the reset instructions, but all I keep getting on my screen is the Apple Logo, and another logo which looks like a folder symbol and a warning triangle.

What is this symbol?

What do I do to get it back to normal?

When ever I hook up to my PC it says it is sync'ing, do not disconnect, and sits there doing nothing. Not showing up on Itunes.

Would appreciate any help at all as it is driving me mad not having my pod working :(

pdx8888

Unfortunately, I do not get anything but the Apple logo. While I was trying to drain the battery I did get a low battery icon while trying to do a reset. It resets then I can feel the HD moving then back to the Apple logo.

Rakey

thanks Mark, I will have a read of that link.

Its gutting when you can't get anywhere on the pod, I didn't realise how much I used it until I can't use it :(

Rakey

well stil lno luck here, been trying to connect to my PC and either update the software or reset it, the PC doesn't even recognise the Ipod is there. So I can't get it to update or connect to the Update software.

Think its a return to Apple jobbie for me unless some one has a suggestion to help me :(

pdx8888

FYI

I went into the local Apple Store and then to the GeniusBar. After running some diagnostics the tech showed me that I had a bad HD and replaced my iPod on the spot! Might have to give up my PC and get a Mac.

Rakey

can't give up my PC, its a work thing :(

mind you would I want to if the Apple Hardwear gives up after such a short period of time?

Fingers crossed for the weekend or it will be a long boring flight to Shanghai ;)