cannot rearrange songs in PLAYLIST

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jduregger

Hi!

I was playing around with my iPod this weekend and accidently clicked onto a song. It moved to the end of my playlist (I did not drag it there). So, I clicked on it to drag it back to where it was, and it would not move. Now, none of the songs can be moved by clicking and dragging. They will change order if I click one of the tabs at the top (song, artist, time, etc.). But, I can no longer move individual songs within this playlist.

Have I somehow 'locked' this playlist? If so, how can I unlock it?

FYI - the other playlists are fine ~ I am able to manipulate them and change song order.

Any help is appreciated. This is my workout playlist, and I move songs around all the time (well, I used to!).

Thanks! Julie

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Check in the lower level and see if shuffle is selected. If shuffle is selected you can't drag and drop. Once shuffle is off, also make sure that you have the left most column selected, if this column is not selected, you can't rearrange the order of the playlist.

Good Luck and welcome to the lounge.

jduregger

thanks so much...I have been scouring the 'Help' section of the iTunes menu and actually just read the answer there. I then got the email notice of your answer...YEA. I did have the shuffle key on ~ must have hit it without knowing it. I do feel terribly idiotic!

Thanks for your reply...and my welcome to the lounge!

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Nah, don't feel too bad. Same thing happened to me. I was unaware that the shuffle button stopped things from shuffling. I new about the column thing, but not the shuffle button. I found the answer in the iTunes help too. Goes to show that the help files can help a little if you take the time to use it!

Enjoy the lounge. It's a great community.

jduregger

there is so much to learn about these little things...one day I love it and the next I want to throw it against the wall! :)

Hey ~ does your iPod ever shut off during playback while exercising? Mine shuts off every now and then. It is not a skip...it actually turns off. Any suggestions?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
That doesn't happen too often to me, usually only when I am playing audible files.

Do you have the hold switch on while exercising? If not maybe the jostle is shutting it off? Just a guess.

jduregger

It actually happens to my husband more than me...I suggested using the hold key, and it has helped a little, but it still cuts off even when on hold sometimes. Confusing little buggers, aren't they?