View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 05:05 PM

Slingshot
Freshman Lounger

Talk about frustrating.

I have sort of the same things going on here with my 5gig iPod but there is a little bit of a difference.

A week ago, everything was fine and all was well. I didn't use my iPod for about a week and went to charge it up and I started getting the exclamation point/folder icon and was having troubles getting my G4 to recognize the iPod. After several resets and disconnect/reconnects I finally got it working and I realized I wasn't running the newest version of iPod software.

So...I upgraded the software. I then proceeded to put my mucic library back on the iPod only to have it not be able to play the songs. I would choose a song and it would just freeze and not play. So then I would reset the ipod (play+menu) and all of my songs would be gone from the iPod but the storage was still being taken up.) I also tried to restore my iPod many times just to have the same things happen.

Anyway, after reading for many hours I have yet to find a solution that works. Now when plug my ipod in via firewire, I get the "Do not Disconnect" screen and it never goes away, nor does iTunes or my finder recognize my iPod. What is really strange is that if I go into System Profiler, and check my firewire ports, it recognizes that the iPod is plugged in.

Even more strange, after being plugged in for around 15 to 20 minutes, I get an error message stating that I have inserted a disc that Mac OSX does not recognize, and it gives me the options to eject, ignore, or initialize. Anyone havea clue what's going on? Is my iPod trash? Thanks!

Last edited by Slingshot; 06-05-2004 at 05:08 PM.