Differences between PC and Mac hard disk formats

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

eggmaster

Im using my 3G ipod on my ibook and just realised that my dad's PC computer also has a firewire port but i realise that the PC won't read the ipod because the ipod is formatted in the mac sty-lee. But if i 'restore' the ipod to be the pc format, is there any difference in the different hard disk formats? i'm sure i heard from somewhere that slightly less space is available to you if you format it in the PC format.

Just a bit of knowledge would be cool thanks!

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
BUT a pc formatted iPod CAN be read/used on a Mac, right? just wanna know cause I have a pc desktop but recently bought a PB and will be using the iPod with the PB very soon (as soon as I get it, COME ON FRIDAY!).

sammyjojo

I just tried to do this yesterday, since I was wondering the same thing. I formated my iPod on my pc and then selected manual update and now I can use the iPod on both my Mac and PC and put song on it with both. I also use iSync to update my calenders and address book on the mac this way.

shotinthehead

I'm a member, lol
I also used a friends ibook to try out putting music on, it worked fine, but can i use icalender and sync it with my ipod as well?

flaminhammer

I have the same question as above... I am about to switch from using a PC to a Mac. I have a 2G Windows formatted iPod. Will I be able to transfer my music to my new Mac without first reformatting the iPod? Or will I have to reformat (hence erase the iPod) before I can transfer songs between the iPod and Mac?

Thanks for any help,
Steve