Battery usage history

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Am I missing something? Surely the active and inactive time for each day should add up to 24 hours.
Can anyone shed light on this?

cjmnews

Staff member
Well, it is averaging so there is lots of inaccuracy.

For 10 days mine shows 9h 6m on, 5h 1m off, so the discrepancy is bigger.

None of my days go to the top of my graph, which is 21 hours for me, not 24. You have 3 days that go 24 hours, 4 that are close, and 3 that are not close. Maybe there is "charge time" that is not in these numbers. Screen is off and no activity is happening. In your 3 24 hour days, were you sleeping to music? That could account for those days.

Mine has 8 bars (9 if you count today) that have a 7 hour gap of nothing at the top of the graph. Only 2 days where the phone was active for 20 hours. That could be my Do Not Disturb time.

No I wasn't sleeping to any music, I don't turn my phone off either which could account for some discrepancies.
I think I was just reading it incorrectly and thought it was measuring both active and inactive timed for a 24 hour period each day.

cjmnews

Staff member
Do you have Do Not Disturb enabled? How about Bedtime?

It looks like Bedtime may make up the difference in my reports. I have it set for 8.5 hours every day. That way work can send appointments at night, and I don't get the buzz waking me up.

No I don't use either of those, and when I reboot my phone around once a week it's only off for less than a minute.

cjmnews

Staff member
I checked the Apple site on this, and found no information on the discrepancy.

My guess is that when the phone is not active, it is not counted.

Thanks for checking that, I couldn't find anything myself either.
I'd have thought the inactive time would still show but who knows.
It could just sort itself out. I had a problem with my screen time not showing a full week which suddenly started working apparently on its own.