iLounge Forums - View Single Post - Weird Volume Question
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:48 PM

cucuzza
Junior Lounger

Weird Volume Question

Problem: My audio sounds "fuzzy" or "too loud" over Bluetooth connection, but sounds fine with headphones that are connected via the lightning port.

Description: My phone is now my iPod and I connect my phone, via Bluetooth, to my car's stereo. Some songs sound fine, some sound like they are coming through "too loud" and as such, the music is not as clear or kind of crappy.

I originally thought it was an issue with the equalizer on my Pioneer car stereo (which is not top of the line by any means, but does the job) or my speakers (but I know they are good). I tried adjusting everything and got it to be a little better, but still not what I think it should be. I also thought it could be that I set my MP3's volume to 100% volume adjustment from iTunes. When adjusting the volume there, it just sounds like a lower or louder version of the problem I've just described. It just sounds like the perfect balance and bass when I used normal, wired headphones from Apple.

I've always chalked it up to a sub-par car stereo system, but recently someone gifted me AirPods. I'm experiencing the same issue as described above.
I would think I wouldn't get the same issue as the AirPods are specifically made for Apple products. I also notice this when I connect to portable Bose players or those nice pods that have the large +/- sign on them, I get the same issue.

The common factor between all of these situations is a Bluetooth connection. Is there a way to "improve the equalizer settings" that are sent through Bluetooth to get that same quality, rich, perfectly balanced sounds that is head through the Apple, wired headphones?

Sorry if this post is confusing, but I don't know how else to describe this issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.