iLounge Forums - View Single Post - uploading ITunes library from thumbdrive
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 09:12 PM

cjmnews

I guess you missed the detail: "copy the iTunes folder from the thumb drive (or old system) " which would have made it all work.

You can fix this 2 ways.

1. Close iTunes. Figure out which folder all those music files were originally located in the old system. Typically it would be C:\users\<login>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music and then put the files in the same folder on your new system. You may need to create folders for that to happen. Then get a copy of the iTunes Library.itl file from the old system (in the iTunes folder, you may want to grab all the files there just in case, not the folders) and put those files in the iTunes folder in the new system. Open iTunes and see that your library is populated and play a track as described above.

2. Use the File->Add Folder to library to import the music from where it is. Create all new playlists and erase and sync your devices.

The ability to get email responses should be able to be set a couple ways.
1. Click on the Topic Tools button above and choose Subscribe to this Thread.
2. There is a setting somewhere in the Quick Links at the bottom to subscribe to all threads you post into. I don't feel like looking for it, as this is the second time I have responded to this. I lost the first response clicking it.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....