About battery drainage

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cjmnews

Staff member
So you powered it all the way down and powered it up. That uses battery too. Saving the state of all the apps that are open, decrypting some of your data on power up. Reconnecting to iCloud, etc.

7% is not unreasonable to be used for this.

sallenmd

Does your iPad not get through the day without needing to be recharged? The way I see it, the only reason to worry about battery life is if it has to be charged more often than every 24 hours.

Derek70

i dont use icloud at all. i know im being silly but im just shelshocked about the last pad i had, it was a samsung and the battery kept draining very fast, it would go from 70% to 40% in just 5 minutes with hardly using any apps at all and turn itself off at 30% and got worse. It later displayed that my battery had a virus or something in there or something. Im thinking now with an Apple ipad it might be better. like my ipod that i had since Jan. 2011. so if the ipad uses batter power like my ipod, id be "safe". still though, if experiance something askew, i will ask because again i am shellshocked from my samsung experiance.
Plese try to understand, sorry about all this. hehe

Burson

Banned
same problem

battery drains relatively fast
what can be the solution
poor battery back up

sallenmd

I think that about all that can be said about how to prolong battery life has been said by others on the thread. If you have done all those things and still think it's draining, you should probably take that up with Apple. The question also remains open about whether or not Apple's battery meter is accurate. That's worth checking out by Googling and then considering a third-party app.

Derek70

Sorry if I asked a similar question before but this is a huge jump in percentages with just powering off. When I turned off my iPad it was 38 % later when I turned it back on it's 16 % . Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cjmnews

Staff member
Seems a little high, but there is nothing you can do about it.

Derek70

Is the battery damaged? I'm just gonna make this easier first off I a, gonna turn the battery percentage back off where I can't be aware the pad will warn me if the battery is too low. And number 2 I'll just put it on the charger every night. Since I'm using it more often because y computer is conning out on me. Will that be ok?

cjmnews

Staff member
I don't think the percentage setting matters at all. I think nightly charging is fine.

I am a big proponent of keeping the battery full more often than not.

I charge my phone every night and the iPad every 2 nights (or when it gets below 40%).

Derek70

I meant I turn it off so it won't worry me, hehe. As longs as it lets you know when the battery is low.

Derek70

I was talking wtth a friend of mine who fixes computers, I told what's going he said to remove my apps. He was trying to guide me through and then I told him what you said he said OK. It makes me wonder though, can having too many downloaded apps wear down the battery?

Derek70

I already deleted 2 apps I don't need. One was Tapatalk, I'm on the ilounge site now just using my google chrome app.

cjmnews

Staff member
Apps do use battery. But generally it would be apps you are using. Some will do background updates like email, but that should have little effect on your battery.

Settings->Battery will show you which app is using the most battery. It will most likely be something you use.

Generally removing apps will not help you for the non-problem that you are concerned about.

Derek70

When the percentage jump thing happened in the Battey usage in the settings icon, it said Ifacebook was used 98% does that matter?

cjmnews

Staff member
Nope. It just means you spend a lot of time on Facebook.

Derek70

I have noticed something when the battery does get down below 40 %' it seems to skip 20 percentages no matter what I'm doing. Why do you suppose it does that? It's as if the lower the percentage goes, the more rapidly the battery drains. That was exactly the problem with my Sansung. Is this normal for portable devices?

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
No it is not normal, but it is an issue reported by many since the release of IOS 10.

cjmnews

Staff member
I did not say that iOS 10 is damaging the battery, just losing the 30%. There is nothing to do about it but wait for a fix,

Derek70

I know you didn't say it, but I just thought there was something damaging the battery. I was just more concerned about the battery than anything. But if it is the IOS 10 then that's ok. I kept seeing that mentioned what exactly is IOS 10?