I forgot my Apple ID password

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Derek70

I don't know if this belongs in the iPad thread but I tried to download an app and it asked me for my password and I forgot it. I gave them my email and my name but I can't remember what email account I signed in on or my name, if it was my real name.

cjmnews

Staff member
You can try iforgot.apple.com to see if you can recover it. The iTunes Account menu should show you the email address you used if you are logged in.

Hopefully "they" is the App Store, not someone asking for your password.

Derek70

I even forgot what email account I registered with. Can I start a new account?

cjmnews

Staff member
You should NOT do that. You should be able to find the email in Settings->iTunes & App Stores

Then use iforgot.apple.com to recover the password.

Derek70

where is the settings on my itunes i only have itunes on my computer, not on my ipad. not eounth memory to hold my music on my ipad, i leave that to my ipod.

cjmnews

Staff member
I assumed your computer was still dead and was recommending the steps in iOS.

On your computer your email address should be in the Account menu at the top.

Derek70

It's asking for an Appleid, I thought it was my email. But it's not. What is an Apple ID?

cjmnews

Staff member
It is your email address. The picture in the post above shows that it is, and the example on iforgot also shows that it is.

There is also a link there that says (Forgot Apple ID?) that you could try to use.

Derek70

Ok I clicked on the forgot your Apple ID and it asked for for my email and my first name and last name I rembmber my email but not the name I signed in with. It won't work with just an email?

Derek70

It's giving me the runaround. I put in my email address it let me in but it's asking for my original password I don't remember it.

cjmnews

Staff member
If I remember correctly it is asking you for an old password you think you may have used for it.

Sure it may not be the current one you don't remember (maybe you should look at using a password keeper) you could remember an older password? For a while there monkey was a popular password as was 12345678, monkey123 and password.

The Apple support page states that you can just reset you password after entering your Apple ID.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201487

It also says that if you have your Apple ID on an iOS device (iPad) then you can reset your password from it.
You can also reset your password from your trusted iOS device at any time:

Go to Settings > iCloud.
Tap your name.
Tap Password & Security.
Tap Change Password.
Enter a new password.