Transfering a purchased App to iTunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Kim F

Druing the schmozzle of the 2nd last update to iTunes (& IOS), I was having difficulty getting updates for my Apps. I was updating them directly to the iPad and also purchased a few. With the latest update to IOS and iTunes, things are back to normal but I note that Apps puchased directly on the iPad aren't in my PC 's library. Any tips on how to transfer them ?

cjmnews

Staff member
Typically when you connect it to iTunes, the purchases will transfer automatically.

You can also use the File->Devices->Transfer Purchases from <device name> to be sure they are transferred.

Kim F

Hence the reason for my post - it does not transfer across. When the ipad is attached to the PC and iTunes, interestingly I can see the app on the relevant screen shot of the relevant page but the App is not listed as being installed. Very strange!

cjmnews

Staff member
Have you clicked in iTunes File->Devices->Transfer Purchases from <iPad name>

Did that do anything?

cjmnews

Staff member
Then the apps should be in the iTunes library.

Your alternative is to open the App Store in iTunes, click on Purchased, click on iPad, then click on the cloud to download it to iTunes.

Kim F

The alternative worked. Thanks for that. Still not sure why I had to gon down that path