Qi Wireless Charging with Lightning pass thru

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

esbaylus

Hi,
I see that you can add wireless charging with a Qi adapter that plugs into the lightning connector, and sits under the case for my iPhone SE. But that then doesn't allow me to charge with a wire. Correct?

Is there a Qi adapter that has pass thru lightning connector? For charging when I'm not home, or in the car? Or am I doing this wrong??

TIA

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
Your conclusion seems correct. You would have to unplug the Qi to have wired charging.

There is no Qi pass through adapter. I guess they think that if you charged the phone up at home, it has enough charge until you return. Or get 2 Qi, one for home one for work.

I would think they would have put this into the original design for wired syncing. Maybe people are OK with wireless only.

The only lightning pass through device I can find is the new Belkin for the iPhone 7 so you can listen with real headphones (as required on an airplane) and charge at the same time. Belkin announces simultaneous Lightning headphone and charging adapter for iPhone 7

Of course that would not work well for a Qi. And the thought of 3 adapters on the bottom of an iPhone 7 to listen and charge at the same time makes me want to get an iPhone 6s and leave it in the box for a couple years, and when the headphone jack is brought back in the iPhone 9 I can survive until then.

esbaylus

This would seem to be such a no-brainer. Some kind of THIN sleeve into the iphone port, which the regular lightning connector could then fit into....

amans1ngh

Hmmm that link seems to have been taken down. Problems I suppose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esbaylus

Hi, I'm still looking for a QI charging with the ability to also charge and sync wired. I really don't want a new case to do this.... anything new in the last year??

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Seems to me that the easiest solution, now that decent QI chargers are very reasonably priced, to keep a few handy ie desk drawer at work, bedside table, TV area at home. Only the car would then be a possible issue....

cjmnews

Staff member
Even with cars there are solutions. There are vent clamps with Qi, so you plug in the clamp to power, eliminating the need to plug in the phone. There are Tesla Qi chargers that take the place of the wired charging in the Model 3 (and probably others). I think Qi charging is pretty easy.

The pass through solution requested by the original poster however is not available.