iTunes 11 - How to randomize a Manual Playlist

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Cold Irons

Trying to figure out how to do what used to work in iTunes 10.7. While viewing a manual (non-smart) playlist, I could select the Shuffle icon and it would shuffle the visible playlist ordering. I could keep toggling it on & off to get different shuffled ordering. Once satisfied, I could "copy to play order" and lock the playlist into that order - in an "un-shuffled" state..

I know...many other ways to accomplish the same effect; but humor me :)

In iTunes 11, I can't find a way to do this. Selecting the Shuffle icon just starts playing the playlist in shuffle. I can't find a way to shuffle the visible order of the playlist so I can copy to play order.

I can live with this new version; but there's just a couple of ways that it's somewhat broken my "work flow'...this is one of them.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Unfortunately, this is no longer available (either by design, or broken). It affects smart playlists too, not just regular ones, so there appears to be no way to randomize and then lock in a random play order.

Luckily, you can still drag songs into a particular order, both in smart and regular playlists, and lock the order that you decide is best. I guess the one minor improvement is now it doesn't matter is Shuffle is turned ON or not, it used to be that if Shuffle was ON you couldn't move songs into a custom order, but now you can. So that's progress eh? :rolleyes:

Cold Irons

Well...if that's progress....

I was afraid that that was the answer. Not good news, but guess I suspected this version would break a number of things that I'm accustomed to using. Thanks for verifying what I couldn't figure out.

Of course, any change messes up someone: xkcd: Workflow