iPad Image Rotation...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

flatlander_48

I have a 3rd generation iPad (iOS 6.1.1) that I use with a ZAGG keyboard and cover. There are applications that are supposed to be for the iPad but don't seem to be capable of rotation. The ZAGG cover positions the iPad in landscape mode. Unless there is some trick to this, the only thing that occurs to me is to remove the iPad from the ZAGG cover.

Is there any other way to view these applications correctly?

kornchild2002

Not all applications work in all orientations. For example, all of the Angry Birds games work in landscape mode only (i.e. when the iPad is held wide). They will not work in portrait mode with the front-facing camera at the top and home button at the bottom. It all depends on the app and not the iPad itself. iOS and all of Apple's built-in apps (Safari, Photos, Music, Videos, Mail, etc.) can work in landscape or portrait. You cannot trick an app into working in an orientation it isn't compatible with.

flatlander_48

Not all applications work in all orientations. For example, all of the Angry Birds games work in landscape mode only (i.e. when the iPad is held wide). They will not work in portrait mode with the front-facing camera at the top and home button at the bottom. It all depends on the app and not the iPad itself. iOS and all of Apple's built-in apps (Safari, Photos, Music, Videos, Mail, etc.) can work in landscape or portrait. You cannot trick an app into working in an orientation it isn't compatible with.
That's what I wanted to know. Quickoffice and Swackett, for example, assume portrait orientation and don't do anything else. In the case of a game with graphics, I can understand the limitation because these machines don't have tremendously powerful graphics processors. However, that isn't the case for Quickoffice or Swackett. They are essentially static.

Time to lodge a complaint...

kornchild2002

Make sure you complain to the actual app developers and not Apple as Apple cannot do anything about it. They cannot force a developer to make their app/apps work in all orientations. I imagine a lot of it has to do with the developer not updating their apps all that much since the release of the first iPad. Back then, Apple released a keyboard dock that propped the iPad up in portrait orientation. They aren't selling it anymore and the thickness of the dock (the distance between the back of the dock and the 30-pin connector) was made specifically for the iPad 1 and not the iPad 2/3/4/iPad mini.

I'm guessing Quickoffice just hasn't updated their app to incorporate the use of keyboards in landscape mode. It's a little weird especially since many people don't use a physical keyboard with their iPad (the vast majority) and its easier to type on an iPad's display when it is in landscape mode.

xmlfor

I got no message about ZAGG. generally, l'll rotate images on my pc before uploading into my iPad if I want image diplayed at my disired angle.