Email app and gmail account not syncing (iPh 5)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Squarepeg

I have my email account set up in the standard app on my iPhone 5. It is a gmail account. But they don't seem to be syncing. When I delete something on my laptop, it doesn't also delete on the iphone, and vice-versa. When I send a reply on one device, it doesn't show up on the other as having sent. Things that I do in the account on the iphone seem to only be valid for the iphone, and it's Very. Annoying.

Am I doing something wrong? I have the "fetch new data" setting on "push" hourly. That's about the extent of my knowledge. All my googling just brings up peoples problems with syncing contacts and calendars (mind you, mine doesn't do that either, but that's less of a problem)

TIA

kornchild2002

Under the Mail, Contacts, Calendars setting, I have set Push to On and Fetch to Hourly under the Fetch New Data settings. Also make sure that your default account is set to Gmail.

nancy29

google support page has the answer just make a search for gmail setup in iphone 5 i am not allowed to share links sorry

smiduri

I had similar problem when initially setup my gmail account. The reason was i set it up as IMAP rather than exchange account....don't ask me why it didn´t work properly as a IMAP account.

Anyway, if you did not set it up as exchange that might be the problem.

Regards,
Simone