iLounge Forums - View Single Post - iTunes 11: tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 PM

Sparkee
Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Most worrying, one fellow claimed smartplaylists depending on playcount and last played are broken unless you turn off crossfade???
I noticed that when I first installed iTunes 11 that playcounts were not updating but didn't have time to look at it. Since reading this I tested it and can confirm on a Mac that playcounts are broken with Crossfade on. I turned it off then had to pause and restart the music before playcounts started working again.

I installed it as soon as it came out yet I haven't played around much with iTunes 11 yet. I don't mind trying new releases of software to see what's new. Even if it is broken I'll take my chances and give it a try. But as with any major update I'll image my drive just in case.

I been playing around with the views, I don't mind them, but I seem to keep going back to my regular column browser view in the Songs section.

The main reason I was looking forward to this update was for iCloud syncing of the bookmarks on my Audible audiobooks between my iPhone and iPad. With a few quick tests this feature seems to be working pretty good. But as with any other iCloud syncing its hard to tell when or if it has synced up.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Last edited by Sparkee; 11-29-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: More info.