iLounge Forums - View Single Post - iTunes 11: tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 PM

kornchild2002

I downloaded iTunes 11 today. I actually like the new look despite being used to the old style of having the lists and sidebar. I restored the sidebar but, after using it for a while, I prefer the grid view without it especially now that albums are sorted by artist and then albums within each artist. Plus Apple did a really good job with the visuals when an album is expanded. I leave the sidebar there when I'm viewing playlists, that's normally how I view my iTunes library anyway.

My smart playlists have not been broken and some are based on play counts. Then again, I don't use crossfade playback. So far the only thing feature that seems to be missing, for me at least, is the ability to view album art in the lower left corner. Other than that, the update went really smooth and iTunes seems to be running a little faster now than 10.7 on my MacBook Air with OS X 10.8.

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom