Ipod Touch Camera app not working

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DominoEmily

Hi, I have an Ipod touch 4th generation, basically my camera app opens but it is stuck on the shutter, i've been on face time and my camera has worked but if i use any other apps the shutter begins to flicker and the camera does not open, i've restored my ipod to factory settings and it's still the same.
Please Help :(:(

kornchild2002

When you restored your iPod, did you sync it from a backup or sync it as a new device? The issue you are having has occurred in the past and often times it is a problematic app that is causing the issue. Restore the iPod and don't sync anything to it. See if the camera works and then start syncing content back over.

dstryr

Website
www.dstryr.com
I replaced the screen on my daughter's ipod touch gen4 and have the very same problem as the OP. Any other advice to get the cam back? Restore killed all the apps, all the contacts, unfortunately it was not backed up, and still no cam.

Thanks!

kornchild2002

Replacing the screen and facing the issue makes it seem as if something happened during the new display installation that is causing a hardware problem so that the iPod touch does not recognize the camera. Do any other apps see the camera and are able to take pictures or is it just the built-in iOS camera app?

dstryr

Website
www.dstryr.com
Facetime works on the cam facing the user but not on the cam facing away. When we try to open the cam app the shutter comes up and is frozen closed. Sometimes the shutter will open though the screen will stay black.

kornchild2002

What about non-Apple apps such as facebook and instagram? I would say that you did something wrong if those apps don't see the rear camera either.