IPhone 4S has no sound or control

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

unearthed demon

My phone plays no sound though the speaker on the bottom when it comes to any app's but the ringer and speaker phone works. when playing anything with sound it doesn't even give an option for volume control.(like a slider bar) when i use the side controls the gray box that says speaker pops up but show no indication of volume level as i push up or down on the volume. its as if the speaker has been disabled. i did everthing i could think of from going though settings to doing a complete restore to new and checking it before doing a icloud restore. and yes the mute tabe works and is not muted. earbuds work and it only indicates they're IN only when they're in. please help!

cjmnews

Staff member
That sounds like the switch on the side next to the volume buttons is pushed to silent.

The other possibility is that in Notifications, you need to find the App, and see if you turned the sounds off there. Can't think of anything else.

unearthed demon

i fixed it!!!!

there was some lint in the charge port making it think it was plugged into a device like one of those ihome things or speakers. so it was trying to play the audio though that port instead of its speaker. as soon as i picked out the lint it was fixed and hasnt given me a problem since. Thank you to all those who gave me some ideas to look into. i stumbled upon the lint while bored st work thinking about how muck i miss my podcast lol.

peterthomas

there was some lint in the charge port making it think it was plugged into a device like one of those ihome things or speakers. so it was trying to play the audio though that port instead of its speaker. as soon as i picked out the lint it was fixed and hasnt given me a problem since. Thank you to all those who gave me some ideas to look into. i stumbled upon the lint while bored st work thinking about how muck i miss my podcast lol.
Best of luck and congratz to have your device back, enjoy using the podcast and be careful next time!