Need Fix - iTunes 10.6.1.7 Unstable

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cjmnews

Staff member
Uninstall and reinstall may help. I have not seen any instability.

Chasab

Great idea - yes it's backed up, though the issue is not an unstable iTunes, rather the info pg when you click Get Info. Any ideas?

Sparkee

The "Get Info" window is a part of iTunes, uninstall and reinstalling iTunes would still probably be your best first step.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
I've had this issue over the last several iTunes releases, it loses focus when doing tag editing and is very annoying. I've reinstalled and set its properties to run in Windows 7 mode, no difference. No other program seems to be stealing focus, it's like iTunes just gives it up to nothing in particular.

cjmnews

Staff member
My guess is probably the iPhone WiFi Syncing stealing focus. That is not the most stable process if you ask me, especially with multiple iPhones on the network.

Have you tried disabling that and seeing if the focus remains where it should?

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
No wi-fi sync enabled, and not even connected. Also happens during smart playlist editing, not just Get Info.

Windows Control Panel doesn't reveal anything at the time focus is lost either, very strange (and annoying!). It's as if iTune needs a dose of Ritalin ...

cjmnews

Staff member
Did you disable the process that detects it in the background? Specifically distnoted.exe?

Who knows what these things will do when you don't need them.