• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Suggestions/tools to rip/convert from Blu-Ray to MP4 for iPad2?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Briani

Has anyone done any research on ripping a Blu-Ray Disc to a format that would look good on an iPad2?

What would be the ideal tool for this? I have ripped copies of Blu-Ray disc with Imgburn and with AnyDVD - but I'm not sure how to convert the ripped files and/or ISO to a format that would be compatible with iPad2.

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.

Thank you,

kornchild2002

You will want a program to convert them down to a much lower bitrate and possibly a lower resolution (from 1080p to 720p). You will also need a program to convert the audio down to something that will work with the iPad (stereo AAC and 5.1 Dolby Digital pass thru). There are a few ways to do this on Windows. Normally, if you can rip the Blu-ray movie and break the copy protection (you have to break the copy protection), you are half way home. Then all you need to do is download Handbrake, open the ISO or image file, use the Apple TV 2 built-in preset (yes, the Apple TV 2 preset and not the iPad preset), and convert the videos.

Now, if you are just making straight copies of the Blu-ray movies with copy protection in tow, you have to find a way to break that. From what I remember, DVD Fab HD Decrypter could do this for Windows. In fact, you could even use that program to rip only the movie off of a Blu-ray disc and I think it will even convert lossless Dolby TruHD/PCM to lossy Dolby Digital 5.1. There is only one program I know of on Mac that will do this.

Briani

You will want a program to convert them down to a much lower bitrate and possibly a lower resolution (from 1080p to 720p). You will also need a program to convert the audio down to something that will work with the iPad (stereo AAC and 5.1 Dolby Digital pass thru). There are a few ways to do this on Windows. Normally, if you can rip the Blu-ray movie and break the copy protection (you have to break the copy protection), you are half way home. Then all you need to do is download Handbrake, open the ISO or image file, use the Apple TV 2 built-in preset (yes, the Apple TV 2 preset and not the iPad preset), and convert the videos.
Thank u @kornchild2002. Im pretty new to handbrake. Ive tried to use handbrake, but i think i dont understand some parameters for ripping dvd:shake:. Is there a simple way to do it?

kornchild2002

There's nothing difficult about it. Point Handbrake to your source file, select one of the built-in presets on the far right (like I said, go with the Apple TV 2 one), and click start. Handbrake will do everything else automatically. There is no need to fiddle around with any of the other settings, just let Handbrake do its job.

burgesmish

Has anyone done any research on ripping a Blu-Ray Disc to a format that would look good on an iPad2?

What would be the ideal tool for this? I have ripped copies of Blu-Ray disc with Imgburn and with AnyDVD - but I'm not sure how to convert the ripped files and/or ISO to a format that would be compatible with iPad2.

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.

Thank you,
I know little about this ANYDVD, but i think this converter i ues is better. It is Blu-ray to iPad 2 Ripper.

It can convert bluray to iPad, iPad 2 and other portable device supported format and with CUDA and AMD it can convert vlu-rays with fast speed. I think it is the best choice for us users.

banerjees

There's nothing difficult about it. Point Handbrake to your source file, select one of the built-in presets on the far right (like I said, go with the Apple TV 2 one), and click start. Handbrake will do everything else automatically. There is no need to fiddle around with any of the other settings, just let Handbrake do its job.
+1

I use handbrake myself and it works great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk