Album art won't copy from iTunes to iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Gadzooks

I have only purchased one song since upgrading to iOS5.1, and the album art won't copy across to the iPod. I have deleted the song and tried copying again but there is still no art being copied across. Any ideas, anyone?

Gadzooks

The song in question is not showing up in the " purchased" playlist On the ipod either. Weird.

Gadzooks

I purchased another song on iTunes and the same thing happened - the album art didn't copy to the iPod. Is this a problem with iOS 5.1? Should I go back to 5.0, and how do I do that?

I am manually managing my music. Also, I copied both tracks into the. "purchased" playlist, but I shouldn't have to do that.

sonnet79

Did you have this issue prior to upgrading to 5.1 Gadzooks? I am having the same issue with album artwork since upgrading to 5.1. It worked fine previously.

Gadzooks

I didn't have a problem but I had only purchased 32 songs and I may have synced them, not manually. I thought this might be because I'm manually copying to the iPod but when I copy my own mp3s the art copies, it's only on purchased iTunes. I think it's something wrong with 5.1. My niece when she upgraded she lost all her art for about a week. I think ive been waiting more than two weeks now. I'd like to try rolling back the iOS how do I do that? I don't recall any problems like this with 5.0

Gadzooks

Ok I deleted all my songs off the iPod ( I did it from the iTunes menu) ejected the iPod, turned it off, back on again, then used the sync all songs. It copied the album art for the two songs that wouldn't copy before ( purchased from iTunes) but it didn't copy the art for one of my mp3 albums. I deleted it and recopied the album using manually manage and it worked. I think there is a problem, but whether it's iOS 5.1 or the iTunes program I don't know.

Gadzooks

I just bought two songs in iTunes and it did it again - no art! This time it was two more tracks on a greatest hits I already bought one for from iTunes, and now the art is gone for all three tracks, except I can still get it to show if I access the original song through genres or composers. I think ios 5.1 has a problem with this.

sonnet79

I just bought two songs in iTunes and it did it again - no art! This time it was two more tracks on a greatest hits I already bought one for from iTunes, and now the art is gone for all three tracks, except I can still get it to show if I access the original song through genres or composers. I think ios 5.1 has a problem with this.
I think I found the root cause of my problem Gadzooks so I hope this helps you out.

It would seem that the latest version of iTunes (I'm running 10.6.1 on a windows OS) won't transfer the artwork to the iPod when you have the option to convert the bitrate to a lower kbps.

Aparently there is no issues back in v10.5 if you can find it. Hopefully Apple will fix this issue in the next update.

Gadzooks

Wow that's great Sonnet79. It sounds like it, yes I am converting to a lower bitrate. I might look for the previous iTunes but it's probably no longer available. I guess we wait for an update. Anyway thanks for figuring it out and posting.

docmagoo2

Wow that's great Sonnet79. It sounds like it, yes I am converting to a lower bitrate. I might look for the previous iTunes but it's probably no longer available. I guess we wait for an update. Anyway thanks for figuring it out and posting.
Try looking on "filehippo.com" for the old version guys