Repair or Rebuy?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Gensca

My iPod nano (5th Generatin) is not responding. Although the back light comes on, the screen is unreadable and appears water stained although iPod has not been near water or moisture. Can it be fixed or should I buy another one?
Tell me about the size, should I buy an 8gb or a 16gb?

kornchild2002

Try restoring your iPod first through iTunes, that may fix the problem. If it doesn't, you should probably just buy a new one since out of warranty repair through 3rd party companies is going to start at around $50 not including parts or labor to install those parts. Given the low cost of the iPod nano, you would be better off buying a new one than having your old one repaired if restoring it doesn't work.

The capacity is all up to you. There is no need for you to buy the 16GB model if your library has been under 3GB for the past few years. Only you can determine the capacity you need based on your current library size and your usage trends (ie how fast your library grows).

arklissa27

Website
www.family-name.co.uk
iPod nan

Hey guys I need your help. So I recently decided to restore my Ipod Touch 2g which is on ios 3.1.3. I tried shift+restore and selecting the firmware and it gave me error 3194. After a bit of googling it appears this error happens when you are trying to downgrade (wtv, I was just trying a simple restore from 3.1.3 to 3.1.3). So I tried the whole TinyUmbrella method(saving the SHSH, starting TSS server,Set Host to Cydia on Exit,etc). I tried shift+restore again and now im stuck with error 2005. Googled a bit more. Solution was to change usb ports. I tried all my laptop's usb ports to no avail. I tried doing the same on DFU mode and still get 2005 error. What can I do? Im really at a lost...

sonosuser

Considering the cost of new versus your time and effort in restoring, I would go with new.