How to get wifi password to iPad??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nycdrew

I just got an iPad 2 wi-fi, and want to allow it to access my wi-fi network which is WPA2 protected. I have a complex passphrase on the WPA2 to keep my network safe.

How do I get the passphrase onto my iPad so I can paste it into the password box to access my network?

Typing the password in is my last resort being that it's a long complex password and it would be far easier to cut and paste it in like I do with my computers.

Can I do it through iTunes?

Thanks!

kornchild2002

You will need an app to read *.txt files. There are a bunch of free ones in the App Store, go ahead and take your pick. Put your WPA2 key in a text file using a simple document editor (Wordpad is built into Windows and TextEdit is built into Mac OS X), save that as an *.txt file, sync it over to the iPad using iTunes and the method for syncing files to specific apps, open the app on the iPad, open the document, select the text, copy it, go to your iPad 2's settings... You get the rest from there.

irockanipod

or you could always type it in ... how long could your password be? Your password will be saved in the future when your wifi is within distance so it's only entered once.

clarenceh9

email passphrase onto my iPad

You could just email it to a email address you can pick up on the iPad.

I just got an iPad 2 wi-fi, and want to allow it to access my wi-fi network which is WPA2 protected. I have a complex passphrase on the WPA2 to keep my network safe.

How do I get the passphrase onto my iPad so I can paste it into the password box to access my network?

Typing the password in is my last resort being that it's a long complex password and it would be far easier to cut and paste it in like I do with my computers.

Can I do it through iTunes?

Thanks!

kornchild2002

I know this is old and the OP isn't coming back but the e-mail solution wouldn't work. The iPad would need to be connected to the home wi-fi network in order to receive an e-mail. It can't connect to that network without the WPA2 key which is located on the computer. The OP has a number of options but e-mailing it to themselves is not one since they would not be able to receive the e-mail on the iPad until after they have already entered the WPA2 key into their settings.

Mr. Salty

I know this is old and the OP isn't coming back but the e-mail solution wouldn't work. The iPad would need to be connected to the home wi-fi network in order to receive an e-mail. It can't connect to that network without the WPA2 key which is located on the computer. The OP has a number of options but e-mailing it to themselves is not one since they would not be able to receive the e-mail on the iPad until after they have already entered the WPA2 key into their settings.
He could always disable his Wi-Fi security for the few seconds it would take to connect the iPad to the network and receive the email.