iPod touch says connect to iTunes, iTunes says unlock iPod first

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

fs.freshman

Hey guys,
After lending my touch to my brother, he returned it frozen on a white screen. I reset it but now its displaying the iTunes logo with the cable and so I go to connect it to iTunes, and in iTunes it comes up with "iTunes could not connect to the iPod because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter the passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes." But that's the thing. I can't put my passcode in, because the iPod has the "connect to iTunes" screen.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks.

yavimah

you relve tha problem with the i touch?

you relve tha problem with the i touch?
Hey guys,
After lending my touch to my brother, he returned it frozen on a white screen. I reset it but now its displaying the iTunes logo with the cable and so I go to connect it to iTunes, and in iTunes it comes up with "iTunes could not connect to the iPod because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter the passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes." But that's the thing. I can't put my passcode in, because the iPod has the "connect to iTunes" screen.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks.

v3s0

plez help me....did yu fix yur ipod when it said connect to itune?
I have the answer to this problem. Okay first you hold the power button and turn it off make sure the ipod is unplugged from the computer okay now hold down the home button and plug the ipod into the computer(make sure you are holding down the home button before you plug it in.) then keep holding the home button until you the itunes screen. release home, and open up itunes on your computer it will recognize it as a recovery ipod or iphone. it will say you have to restore click the restore button on itunes and perfect. Job done. it will update and reset ipod or iphone so you dont need the passcode. Your welcome.

stcasey

OK that will work, but whenever my Ipod is about to restore, it dissappears from the itunes and it said that it cant restore? Ive tried to reset the entire thing, but just about as fast as the apple logo comes on, the connect to itunes screen comes back up and it wont do anything else! Please help

erza12307

I have also the same problem, but I can't fix it because I don't have an Apple Laptop or Itunes on my laptop.

Please Help
:confused::eek::eek:

kc0444

Update

I also ran into the problem of my iPod not restoring and I found the every time if I updated iTunes or reinstalled it my iPod would restore without any hassle.

gothicbabby

OTE=v3s0;1372491]I have the answer to this problem. Okay first you hold the power button and turn it off make sure the ipod is unplugged from the computer okay now hold down the home button and plug the ipod into the computer(make sure you are holding down the home button before you plug it in.) then keep holding the home button until you the itunes screen. release home, and open up itunes on your computer it will recognize it as a recovery ipod or iphone. it will say you have to restore click the restore button on itunes and perfect. Job done. it will update and reset ipod or iphone so you dont need the passcode. Your welcome.[/QUOTE]

djczer

same issueh ere and it's annoying!

help ive tried everithing to unlock my touch and i cant please sombody helpme

Like the person said at the top, I have never had an issue with restoring or even going into DFU mode. I've tried different combos like

1) iPod Touch is not connected to the PC or MAC
2) Turn off the iPod Touch (by holding down the power button and sliding it off)
3) Hold down the Home Button
4) Insert white USB Apple cable while still holding Home Button
5) iTunes pops up with the same error message "iTunes could not connect to the iPod because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes."

2nd Scenario I've tried:

1) Using Pwnage Software to get into DFU mode but you can't because it has to be recognized by iTunes

3rd I've tried:

1) Apple USB Cable plugged into iPod Touch
2) Powering off iPod
3) Holding down the home button
4) Then Pressing the On Button (it turn the ipod on instantly)
a) Held both until iTunes (FAIL)
b) Let go of the Home on Power up and Kept holding Home (FAIL)

I'm stuck! Even shot a youtube video asking for help.

Vid: wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=MTT9lzFKZHA

I noticed the recent post was this month, so I can't be alone here.

Keep me posted.

saldka

do you have a pc? kick the ipod into recovery mode with recboot and restore with itunes. i've done this with three different disabled ipods

Watrewoman

Fix Ipod Touch Lock Problem

With Itunes open, make sure Ipod is plugged into the computer. Press on/off switch and home switch at the same time until apple appears. Screen should tell you to recover. Be patient, it takes a while. Just fixed my grandsons Ipod. Hope this works for you. If it does not work, try reinstalling Apple applications, Itunes and Quicktime and then retry steps above.

crazyirish

Okay, this worked but to clarify: start with itunes closed and the ipod powered off. Without turning it on, hold down the home botton and keep it pressed while you plug it in. itunes should open automatically and ask you if you want to restore it. release the home botton and click restore. make sure you are connected to the internet as itunes will need to download the current software. from there it is straight forward as to reinstalling your songs and stuff like a new ipod.

foreverandever

ipod broken

My ipod won't work.Everytime I turn it on, it has the connect to itunes thing.But then when I try to turn it off, it won't slide and turn off......I really don't know what to do, I think liquid got into it and ruined it....Will they give me a new one if I go to an apple store?Someone please help me.My ipod also has a splotch that looks like its behnd the sreen in the corner...please help asap.

semper_cool

ipod

ok, so i left for marine corpe bootcamp last month and i came home and forgot my password for my ipod, well now its tellin me that "ipod is disabled, connect to itunes" but its not commin up in my devices list on itunes. can anyone help me? lol

jamessmith

well actually mines still saying i got to plug it in after i did but as long as i know tht it didnt crash im good]

willy_da_great

ipod touch

my ipod dont even pop up with the apple logo jus a white screen and i forgot my password i need help bad:(