iPod touch 4 locked and disabled. Help.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AlisonStormx

So my friend let another friend barrow his iPod and said friend managed to incorrectly guess the password x amount of time so it is disabled. It says to connect to iTunes and he said it didn't work, and he was going to take it to AT&T. I don't see how they could help him, and I figured te next stop would be the apple store. So I'm really bright when it comes to iPods and other apple accessories so I told him I'd fix it. I've done a complete reset and restore an updated the iOS but still the locked screen has his background on it(factory restored. How could this be?) and says iPod disabled. Connect to iTunes. Any suggestions? Could AT&T help? Or does he need to take it to apple?

AlisonStormx

Oh and I have the password to his iPod, so if you could help me just get to were I can enter a password that would be great.

AlisonStormx

Resolved!

This is how i did it :D
I plugged the ipod up to my computer.
Made sure iTunes was open.
Hold down the home and sleep/lock button until it turns off. ignore the slide to power off button. Do not release the home button.
iPod went into recovery mode. From there i fallowed directions. The first time i guess it just updated and did not factory reset. this time it did, however. This will work. If it doesnt work the first time try again.

PS this completly resets it to its original settings. deletes all photos/contacts/alarms/music/apps, ect.