iLounge Forums - View Single Post - ipod touch keeps getting on recovery mode
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:34 PM

levipeniche
Freshman Lounger

Thumbs down ipod touch keeps getting on recovery mode

Thanks for reading

Here's the thing: Almost 3 weeks ago, I think, I jailbroke my ipod touch 4th gen with the greenpois0n rc5 that had recently came out. Everything was pretty good for 2 weeks, but then suddenly the ipod got itself on recovery mode - it was just loading a video on youtube at the moment. So I plugged in on itunes and did the restore stuff, and then no cracked apps got synced any more. I went to the greenpois0n website and they had this updated version - rc6. Jailbroke again.
And it worked. At least for some minutes. The ipod got on recovery mode again and again. The itunes restore wasn't really working. Sometimes it works and then I get the factory settings... but it keeps fainting, and soon came out the white screen, the usb and itunes screen...
Sometimes the ipod don't even get restored to begin with.. Error 28 and some more. I'm doing this on windows. Do you guys think I should run the restore on a Mac? And that libusb and iRecovery stuff I read should work on my case?

Long story short: I just want to hear some songs and I dont even care about the cool apps right now. It's sad. The only reason I tried the jailbreak was for me to be capable to get the apps that I cant actually buy on itunes, cause they dont even appear on the itunes store of my country - so no 3d games for me.

Any response will be appreciated. Thank you!