How to transfer contacts from my iphone to my wifes ipod touch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mmelgar

I have an iphone 4 with about 400 contacts on it. About half of them are contacts that my wife would like on her new ipod touch. Rather than have her manually enter all of these i was wondering if there was a way to access my list on the computer and select the ones I want to transfer to my wifes ipod when i synch it.

joshmueca

Banned
You can try syncing Iphone contacts with Microsoft Outlook and then re-sync to get them back.

Amok_Ok

[TUFF]
Ok, OR... Download the app called "Bump" and transfer contacts, messages, pics or whatever else without syncing via wifi.

Best wishes, goodluck.

mmelgar

Thanks for the excellent suggestions. Since i only had about 50 contacts to transfer i tried the ibump and it worked great. Took about five minutes. Thanks again.

pthomas006

Assuming you use the same PC for your iPhone as your iPod and the iPhone has been synched... Open iTunes and plug your iPod into your PC. Click on "the name of your iPod" in "Devices" in the left sidebar. Under the "Info" tab at the top of the screen you'll find "Synch Contacts" Uncheck this if it's checked. Then check "Selected Groups" and then check "iphone." Click "Synch" at the bottom right of the screen. Your contacts should now load to your iPod.

Last edited:

lenerod

Can we transfer them? I want to transfer contacts from iPhone4 to iPhone5S.... I do not want to retype them one by one.

cjmnews

Staff member
Lenerod,
In your case, sync to your iTunes, and make sure your backup for your iPhone 4 is created, you can check this by clicking in the Sidebar (Ctrl-S to show/hide it) on your iPhone and in the upper right side it should say Last Backup Completed: today's date.

Then you plug in your iPhone5s (Assuming you have never sync'd this phone before) and it will ask if you want to replace a different phone or set up as new. Choose replace and select the backup you just created. Now everything that was on the old phone should be on the new phone, including contacts.

If you are already syncing the iPhone 5s, then try some of the other suggestions above. Like the link just above your post.