Songs Play Out of Order

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jsegovia

When I play songs on my iPod Touch 3G by selecting Music, Artists, I select an artist and then I select an album, the songs in the album should always play in the order they are listed on the album, right?

Unfortunately when I do this, the songs on my Touch play out of order. I'm playing 'Tommy' by the Who right now and when I kick off the first song and then click the Next icon or wait for the next song to come up by itself, the Touch rarely plays the second song on the album. Instead it goes to a different song every time. This happens regardless of which album or artist I choose.

My daughter who knows the iPod much better than I sasy it's not set for random play, but that seems to be how it's behaving, although at least it remains in the same album.

Is this something I can fix or change with a setting I'm not seeing? It drives me nuts because sometimes I listen to lectures or books on CD and the chapters play out of order. It's a real pain in the neck to have to find the correct track on my iPod while driving!

And sorry if this has been asked before but a search returned no applicable results that I could find. Thanks in advance!

Jesse

Cold Irons

Do the albums play in order when played in iTunes?

1) Track Number field is not filled in (look at these songs in Get Info); but would be suprised if ALL of your albums lacked Track Numbers.

OR

2) Your iPod is set to "shuffle" somewhere.

csterl8706

Do the albums play in order when played in iTunes?

1) Track Number field is not filled in (look at these songs in Get Info); but would be suprised if ALL of your albums lacked Track Numbers.

OR

2) Your iPod is set to "shuffle" somewhere.
Go into iTunes, and make sure the "of" portion of the info field is filled... The won't play in order if not.

Track Number 5 OF 14, is how it should look.

rob7897

If its not a shuffle setting, check the info on the album tracks. Something is probably amiss there.