iLounge Forums - View Single Post - Bose Sounddock hiss - anybody ever fixed it?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 03:37 AM

mr_infamy
Married Man of Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc-dem View Post
I have the same problem and can't find a fix, either. Outrageous to have a problem like this for a product in this price segment. On this Amazon page:
Amazon.com: Michael Spitzer's review of Bose SoundDock digital music system for iP...
some guy suggests doing the following:
That hissing noise can be fixed, easily. Pull the bottom plate off (It is attached by 4 screws) There is a green motherboard with 2 ribbonwires. One of the ribbonwires (the one the mounts the ribbon vertically) has loosened up. Use a tweezers to pop it back into place and that noise will disappear. This is a design flaw, as the action of inserting/removing your ipod, coupled with the action of setting your sound dock down will work this ribbon loose.
I have not tried this yet and so I can't tell you if this guy is making a disastrous recommendation or not. Someday when I'm feeling adequately annoyed and masochistic, I'll give it a shot, I suppose. FWIW, 22 out of 23 readers of the Amazon page thought the advice was useful! We shall see...
You're joking!

I wonder if that would explain why all of a sudden I've been hearing those hissing and background noises a lot more since I took my SoundDock II on a trip with me. I do kind of treat it like a boom box. I did wonder why all of a sudden I could hear hissing and large ammounts of GSM noise, which was odd, for a 'Made for iPhone' product. I just though since it was out of warranty it was starting to go west.

If It was this easy on my old B&W Zeppelin I wouldn't have gotten rid of it! I'll have to give this a go ASAP.