Rented Movie "invalid"

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Essex103

A itunes rented movie when transfered to my itouch(3g) shows up with a "invalid" on title screen and will not play on my TV.The invalid does not appear in the computer library.Any explanations or suggestions?
Thanks

Make sure your iPod touch is updated to the latest firmware.

Apple support doc:
Once the movie is downloaded, you can watch it on your computer or transfer the rental to a supported iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV:

1. Connect the device and select it in iTunes.
2. Click the Movies tab (for iPod), or the Videos tab (iPhone or Apple TV)
3. Select the movie, and then click Move.
4. After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.

You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.
Additional Information

* After you transfer a rental, it is removed from your iTunes library.
* You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only be played on one device at a time.
* Pairing needs to be configured to transfer a rental to Apple TV

Essex103

The rented movie transfered per recommended procedures.The itouch is current re firm ware.Movie has 15 days left. Has anyone encountered an "invalid" message in a rented movie once it hs made it to the portable device?
Thanks

Did you start the movie and then stop it before it finished playing? If so it may be expired. Contact iTunes customer service via Apple support.

Sparkee

You should also ensure you are using the latest version of iTunes.

Everything I see related to this error points to an expired rental. Try transferring it back to iTunes and see if it plays, then transfer it back to the iPod. Beyond that I would contact the iTunes Store support requesting a new download.

Science Magazin

Hi! I am new to using Iphone 3Gs, how is it possible for these movies to be installed? Should I go to itunes? Thanks in advance.

noram

Banned
not so ive rented a buntch of movie and watchd them they ar really good..