iLounge Forums - View Single Post - Bose Sounddock hiss - anybody ever fixed it?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 11:05 AM

Funky Discharge
Senior Lounger

I haven't experienced this issue with mine - any problems I've had have been easily cured by simply unplugging the unit, waiting 30 seconds, and reconnecting.

In your case, however, I might suggest plugging it into different outlets throughout your home - trying different circuits and locations might do the trick. It's possible that the sound you're hearing is RF interference - your iPod(s) could be acting as a receiving antenna for radio frequency radiation from another appliance, or even from a compact fluorescent light. Or, you could be getting a little line noise on the particular circuit it's plugged into.

Now, if that doesn't work, here's a REAL wacky suggestion - contact your local technical college (like ITT Tech, or similar) and see if their electronics repair program students will do the repair. I tried this once on a hunch, and darned if they didn't fix my device!! I was only charged for parts, they got diagnostic/repair experience, so it was win/win all the way!