Playing iPod independent of head unit, connected to same amplifiers

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CadillacMatt

Hey all.

I recently purchased a new head unit with a monitor, replacing my old Pioneer 4000UB with iPod control. The new unit only has RCA Aux-In and does not offer iPod integration.

What I am trying to accomplish is have my iPod (5th Gen) play audio output through my car speakers (powered by two amplifiers - one for the "highs" and one for the subs) independent of the head unit, so I can play videos/movies on the head unit while still having the option to listen to a different track than what's being outputted from the movie... if that makes sense.

It would be an easy solution to plug the iPod directly to the Aux-In of the head unit but then the screens would just display a blue screen while in that mode...

I ordered this dock connector hardwire PAC cable, but I don't see a way to cleanly do this without having a boat-load of RCA splitters/adapters/extensions running back and forth between the HU, iPod, and amps... it seems like there should be an easier way to do this!

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm thinking I may need something like a powered crossover running from the iPod in order to properly distribute the sound signals between the amps and to have control over the volume... but that still doesn't solve the problem of having a bunch of splitters :(

Last edited:

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
what about a dual source input unit that will sense the audio from the ipod and swith

this is a box with 3 pairs of rca jacks and you can input 2 sources, so you can isolate the radio and the ipod

what head unit monitor you have ?