Is there an option to turn the "split screen" off?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Chricton

It's probably not going to happen. The artwork was one of the bigger selling points Apple was using for the ad push on the classic. I would say get used to it because as time goes on, these things are only going to get flashier.

Rod Smith

Personally, I would like to hide the menu and just watch the album covers float by as I listen to audio content. Is that possible?

ipop

Chricton said:
It's probably not going to happen. The artwork was one of the bigger selling points Apple was using for the ad push on the classic. I would say get used to it because as time goes on, these things are only going to get flashier.
This could be default
But why not an option to turning them off?

And the artwork on NOW PLAYING is AWFUL too. :shake:

hexonxonx

ipop said:
This could be default
But why not an option to turning them off?

And the artwork on NOW PLAYING is AWFUL too. :shake:
I don't get any artwork on the now playing screen, just a music note with the song title.

ipop

hexonxonx said:
I don't get any artwork on the now playing screen, just a music note with the song title.

Me too
Thats why ipod video is better
No Artwok = Nothing

I like big white space :rolleyes:

bipolarbear

120 gig ipod classic 6gen split screen

Okay- as to "why" anyone would want to turn this off...

I have autistic and epileptic characteristics, both of which make moving/blinking stuff that I'm not directly concentrating on a real problem. So this option that everyone loves so much makes my brand new iPod (engraved, so i can't return it) pretty much useless for me. :eek:

Apple needs to fix this issue. How hard can it be to have that be an option, not mandatory?! :mad:

gk17

Hi bipolarbear, welcome to iLounge.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to fix, so Apple won't do much in this regard. It's a new feature they added to this model and although many users may not like it, it looks like it's here to stay for this model. Unless someone is able to modify the firmware for this model (which is not very likely since Apple has some strong encryption for it), you will most likely have to deal with it or sell it to buy another model.