Car ipod/iphone dock without tuner/power/etc?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nomenclature

I just picked up an Alpine ida-x305 head unit, once you get past it being 18w/needing an amp, it's an awesome deck... the problem is, I can't find a dock to use with it that will hold an ipod mounted where ever without including an FM tuner or power or other crap...

I don't want to just leave it as a long dangling cable, it's too messy... I'd love it if there was a dock, similar to apple's dock, that you plug the cable in on once side (or something that will hold the cable in-place that won't come loose) and you just drop the ipod in, no clips to mess with, no adjusting the size to keep the ipod secure, no locking cable so you have to push buttons to release it from the ipod... the apple dock could work I guess, but isn't the ideal shape for mounting, and of course has no way to secure the ipod when driving, a "sleeve" shape would be better for sliding the ipod/iphone into...

anything like I'm looking for exist? I'm guessing I'm going to have to build one, but I'd like to avoid it if possible so I can keep everything need and pro looking...

Nomenclature

two things:

-there's one by proclip that is VERY close to what I want, but I'm not sure if the pass-through will allow charging, and I'd prefer a flush mount as opposed to swivel if I could get it, I want to mound under the dash to keep it hidden, once the ipod is connected I don't need to see it, just plug/unplug... http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpath=143&pageid=14137&processor=content&p_origin=143&p_sectionid=143&p_pageid=8900&p_processor=asp&p_asp_processor=product&p_action=proclipcategorysearch&p_ppagecategoryid=&p_pagecategoryid=&p_pcategoryid=&p_categoryid=&p_sitecategoryid=&p_year=&p_countryid=998&p_leftorright=

-it looks like there was a flush mounting dock by iride, but they're not in business anymore

any similar options that are flush-mounting?

briareus

Charging works on the ProClip -- it's just a pass-through connector.

I don't see the point in getting such a mount for use with the IDA series though. They don't allow you to use the interface on the iPod, do they?

Nomenclature

huh, that thing looks massive, and it's a rather poor placement of the cable too... I ended up getting the proclip anyways, yes, with the alpine deck all ipod control is locked out so having a dock to give easy access to the ipod controls is rather useless (iphone does work, though it only plays tracks on the phone, no streaming apps... I keep all my music on an 80GB classic anyways), so I tore it apart, removed the swivel and mounted it in one of my console storage bins, out of the way, clean looking, and if the ipod isn't in it a casual observer can't see it (you can only see the top of the ipod when docked, but I'm not leaving it in my car unattended, too many breakins around here)... Worked pretty well, but damn expensive for a basic passthrough that I tore apart...

herman23

how to connect ipod to 1998 altima

For my nissan altima, I use ipod connector I found at http://www.nissanaltimaipodmp3.com/
It works with all ipods/mp3 players any device which can have a earphone connection can be connected to the car stereo.