Nissan Murano iPod interface works great

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jrich08

What is the difference between part #'s 999U7-VR002 and 999U7-ST002? My local dealer tells me that ST002 has replaced VR002. Any idea if ST002 is compatible with an 2007 Murano?
Does anyone know the answer to this? My local dealer told me the same thing, that 999U7-VR002 is now replaced by 999U7-ST002.

I have an 07 Murano with Bose stereo that is pre-wired for satellite radio (I never hooked up the satellite radio). I want to hook the ipod up in the trunk where the satellite radio input is. I know I need 999U7-VS000 and 999U7-VR002 but know I guess 999U7-VR002 doesn't exist anymore, please let me know what you guys think. Also, since I lease the car, I don't want to mess with installing it behind the radio itself.

THanks

drogi1

Hi
I have a Nissan Murano 2006 and just recieved as a gift a cable for ipod connection. The people that gave me the cable said they have been told there is a way to connect this cable to the car (supposedly there is a jack hidden somewhere) and to the ipod (touch)
Is this correct? and if so, how and where is that jack?
Thank you

nextime

Parts 999U7-VS000 (Harness Type B) and 999U7-VR002 (iPod adapter)

I have been using these parts on my 2006 murano for over a year. Works great with the iPhone. Even charges the iphone. If a call comes in the music stops playing and the phone rings. You press the Radio button to toggle through AM/FM and then iPod/XM. You use the Cat/Folder button to select the iPod menus. The Seek button acts as the enter key. The tuning knob allows you to quickly scroll through the song names etc...
Easy to install.

I have parts 999U7-VS000 (Harness Type B) and 999U7-VR002 (iPod adapter).
I'm returning my murano in a couple of weeks, lease is up, so I longer need these cables.
If anyone is interested please let me know. Selling them for $100.

thanks

Goliat6288

hi everybody. I have a nissan murano 07. i do not have a bose radio. i have read most of the replies n have some questions. Acoording to Newjersey parts every murano after 03 came with SAt wires under the seat in back of the drivers seat, right? also if that is tru wat would i need to install into my murano to install the IPOD interface into my car? n where can i find the wire or parts needed?

Last edited:

Goliat6288

nextime said:
I have been using these parts on my 2006 murano for over a year. Works great with the iPhone. Even charges the iphone. If a call comes in the music stops playing and the phone rings. You press the Radio button to toggle through AM/FM and then iPod/XM. You use the Cat/Folder button to select the iPod menus. The Seek button acts as the enter key. The tuning knob allows you to quickly scroll through the song names etc...
Easy to install.

I have parts 999U7-VS000 (Harness Type B) and 999U7-VR002 (iPod adapter).
I'm returning my murano in a couple of weeks, lease is up, so I longer need these cables.
If anyone is interested please let me know. Selling them for $100.

thanks
hey if u happen to know if this would work for a 07 murano with out a bose radio then i would more than glad to take that off ur hand, if u still have it.

unr1

Just to clarify...
My 2007 model Murano (non-bose and non-navigation) comes pre-wired for satellite.

But, can I connect XM and iPod connectivity? If yes, how can I do this and what parts would I need?

unr1

hmm, there is also this one. Seems like an updated version

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2008-NISSAN-MURANO-DIRECT-XM-RADIO-IPOD-W-TEXT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ38645QQihZ005QQitemZ150238843346QQtcZphoto

edit: looks like it's not updated, just that it uses the iPod cable (XIAH-IPC) instead of the RCA cable (XIAH-RCA) so it provides more functionality in terms of text display and controls.

Hey, does anyone know if both can be connected (iPod cable and RCA) by joining both 10-pin cables into one and then into the interface?

Last edited:

unr1

Anyone know if the text for XM and iPod displays on a non-navigation and non-bose radio display?

sfritz

Ipod install 2004 Nissan Murano Se with SAt button

I want to hook in an ipod. The dealer says it cant be done. I see forums that say it can and there should be a connection behind rear seat for satellite. I can not find this connection. I have the SAT button on the console but when I hit it it says no SAT. The dealer says it is not there because it would have been added if I had chose the Satellite upgrade when I bought the car. Is there another way to do this?

--

joshrock11

03 Murano SL

I'm purchasing a 2003 Nissan Murano SL and the previous owner showed me that we installed a ipod holder/dock in the center console that powers and plays music via the Bose head unit but it does not allow control of the unit. How can I determine and update it to control the ipod?

nextime

I still have:

please let me know if you are interested

jonnyboy311

Ipod shuffle reset annoyance!!

I bought an 06 Altima and the dealer added in the iPod adapter for the Bose sound system (and I don't have the nagivation package). This "problem" has been driving me NUTS as a huge issue with the iPod setup. I was almost better off with the FM broadcaster plugged into the lighter of my last car because at least the songs played the way I want. I hadn't seen this listed in my books. I take it there's no way to "fix" this behavior?
Westsidejen: Make sure that you select play Random in I-Tunes when you synch your Ipod, this shoudl keep the setting on random.
Jerseyparts (or anyone else): I have tried everything I can think of to try to fix the annoyance of the ipod resetting the shuffle mode everytime I turn the car on. I've tried selecting "play random" in itunes; setting ipod to random before plugging in the ipod; tried itunes alternatives... Any update on this?? Any other ideas?? Other than this annoyance, the unit works great!!

Thanks,
Jon

'05 Murano with Ipod adapter w/ Sat button

jwjody

I've read through most of this thread and I want to thank everyone for the great information here. But like a few others it seems, some of the parts or part numbers have been updated and I'm not sure which I need to order.

I have a 2005 SL with the 6 Disc CD Bose system and Sat Radio that is currently not being used.

What do I need to run cables from the iPod to the stereo so I don't need a FM transmitter?

Thanks!
J

MRM1

Recently purchased an '06 Murano S.

Checked the back and it DOES have the Sat plug ... BUT my radio - which is the Factory Stock single CD AM/FM - Has NO Sat button. All it has is Radio and it toggles thru A-B-C but does not go to/toggle to XM as an option.

Does the XM option only become active once the iPod adaptor is plugged in to the Sat harness in the back?

Or is my setup not compatible?

Thanks
-M

MRM1

I still have:

please let me know if you are interested
Still Available??

I would be interested if my post above pans out in the positive AND what you are selling will work with what I have.

MRM1

IPod Interface

Is any one having trouble with the Interface? I contacted David at YourNissanParts.com (aka penskeautomotive.com) concerning the Ipod Interface Kit (part #s 999U7-VR002 and 999U9-EP000) and got this response today:

MULTIPLE PROBLEMS WITH MURANO INSTALL KIT, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY KIT AT THIS TIME.
I have read this entire thread and did not see users here having "problems". What is up with this? Has anyone had this experience ... or a bad experience?