Here's one for a chance...what are your FAVORITE things?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jmyler

All you really ever see are the negative things about your phone in forums like this. How about lets list your favorite things about the phone.

For me it's browser, browser, browser. This thing is by far the best browser on a hand held device. The storm has come close but it's mainly because they copied the iPhone on most of it.

styling: this is a dead horse but the all glass face and slim design is one of my favorite looks

conversations: i know apple didn't invent this but this was one of the first things i was like "oh yea i love this" about the phone. Having a whole conversation from one person back and forth in one place just seems like a no brainer. Why didn't SMS start like this.

Music player: hands down the best musicplayer on any phone ever.

Those are just a very very few of the things i love about my phone but i don't want to take all of them from you guys. haha lets hear it, what are your favorite things?

Jimmy97

The iPod, for sure. It's basically the reason I got it. But it still needs some improvements.
The keyboard: I know people hate on it a lot, but for a touchscreen keyboard, it's the best you're ever going to get. Now that it's in landscape as well, that's all the better. Beats the hell out of triple-tapping anyday.

I feel inclined to add Safari, but no. Until we get backgrounding (i.e. all tabs load at the same time), and it gets better at caching, it's nowhere near desktop-rank.

I love the style as well, though I actually prefer the BB Storm for it's more phone-like feel. The iPhone's a bit too wide and tall. Needs some dimensions shaven off.

And the third-party apps, of course. Well, not the tip calculators, just the good ones :)

Other features I love: Phone interface - really gorgeous and very functional. Talking about the actual phone app.
The screen: colors just jump off the screen - I love it. I also love that it's almost scratch-proof. Photos look especially good on it. I don't like that it's smudgy as hell though.
Mail: great app. I'm not a heavy mail user though.
Wi-fi: Goes without saying.
I also like the SMS app, as you said. Didn't like that you can't delete individual messages, thankfully that's now an option. Still needs timestampls.
Notes: No, it's not a to-do list, and no, it doesn't sync (yet), but it's perfect for what I need. Taking notes down on the go so I don't forget them. I do that a lot, and the notes app is perfect as is. I won't even be using the sync feature when it gets here.
And last, iTunes. Ah, iTunes. What would I do without it... best program for handling music out there in my opinion. I love the interface, very neat and simple. Editing options rock, too. Also a huge factor in buying the iPhone, along with the iPod. No better music phone/software to use.

Yeah I'm done :)

Last edited:

jmyler

Can't believe i left the keyboard out. I love this thing, and i don't even use landscape when i have the chance to. I think the bunched up keyboard makes it faster for me. The fact that you don't have to click a physical button i like as well.

That brings me to another thing i LOVE about the phone. The touch screen head and shoulders above any other touchscreen phone i've held. The LG phones are CRAP compared to this thing. So responsive and so intuitive, seems i hardly ever make mistakes. They really hit a homerun with the touchscreen.

gpolenik

Simply everythins. Let's start with the thing iPhone is known for. The multi touch... it's incredible: i love doing it with pictures and with browsing on the net. Then we have the landscape mode which will be even better in the 3.0 update. I love the keyboard. And i love the cover flow... i always use it when i want to listen to a song... or to show off :D:D. Hmm what else... And you know what i also love, it has a normal port for headphones.

R

ReyZero

jmyler said:
All you really ever see are the negative things about your phone in forums like this. How about lets list your favorite things about the phone.
That's only because the shuffle 3g was announced so all the top pages are flames :p
My main reason for buying an iPhone was because I hated having a phone that was so delayed, and having to carry a seperate MP3 player.
Everything else is just a huge bonus :p
Most of my complaints will be fixed with 3.0, which is mostly landscape texting and e-mailing. MMS will be great too, although I wonder how that'll play in the chat system.

I'm very happy with the phone, just waiting for Adobe to finish working with Apple so I can carry around Colbert/South Park/Chuck/House and more on the go.

Jimmy97

You mind telling me what site offers all those series as flash? I'd definitely be interested, haven't watched SP in forever and I still need to continue House after S1.

R

ReyZero

Jimmy97 said:
You mind telling me what site offers all those series as flash? I'd definitely be interested, haven't watched SP in forever and I still need to continue House after S1.
Most companies have their own shows up on the their own site,
http://www.southparkstudios.com/ has every single South Park episode up
http://www.fox.com/house/ click full episodes, but you have to install the Fox viewer thing, and they only host the most recent episodes.
You can do a Google search and there are some sites that host them, but they're bad quality, and sometimes in chinese.

Regardless, better then nothing, have the latest season on the fly is a pro move

Jimmy97

Ah, damn. Yeah I've known they host the episodes on their site for a while but unfortunately they only stream in the US. Hulu doesn't work here either. Which is why I guess I'll stick to torrents and DVDs. I tried the SP site once, didn't work. I'll try it again now :)

gpolenik

Jimmy97 said:
Ah, damn. Yeah I've known they host the episodes on their site for a while but unfortunately they only stream in the US. Hulu doesn't work here either. Which is why I guess I'll stick to torrents and DVDs. I tried the SP site once, didn't work. I'll try it again now :)
i can watch southpark and i'm from europe... but if you want a good site to watch movies or tv series: surfthechannel(.)com <--- i can't post links cause i'm new... looks like people here don't really respect new users...

Jimmy97

I'm pretty sure it's just to make sure you're not a spammer. You post a few times, genuinely, and then you can post links. That way it lessens the chance of spamming on the site.

R

ReyZero

You also can't spam as most advertisers and bots make an account, post their link and never return