Please Wait, Very low battery

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

splunkie

i only got a new ipod after my other one decided to break on me about 3 weeks ago, mine shows up in the corner as being fully charged, but once it go to play a song it dies as if the battery is dead, I get the please wait very low battery when i plug it into the computer, but when i plug it into the dock it works fine and shows up like it is fully charged, when its plugged into the computer it reboots itself now and again, please don't tell me i have to go get a new ipod!!!!

DJchewie

Hi Guys...

heres a possible solution that ive kind of worked out as i knowingly bought a Faulty 5th Gen iPod on ebay thinking i could fix it with a minimum of fuss like i did with my 4th gen one...

anyway... in order of preference for things to check/replace

if it wont sync with the Computer, check the Ribbon Cable - from my messing around i found that even with the hard drive removed the battery would say it would charge, but whether it was or not is another matter.

I had bought a new hard drive and that still didnt work as i was using the old ribbon cable...

so i bought a new battery... still didnt work...

so i bought a replacement logic board... still didnt work...

the only thing i didnt think of was the actual ribbon cable that connects the Hard Drive to the logic board...

bought a new one off ebay, and connected everything back up while still in pieces, and it was recognised by the Computer. i then removed that drive and tried attaching it to the old one, to see if that drive was damaged, and it wouldnt sync...

swapped it back over to the new drive and it wouldnt sync again!

i then left it plugged in via USB risking a small shock, detached the ribbon cable and reattached it to see if the screen would come on bright and it did!

all working fine for the moment. so who knows what the actual problem is...

all i can say is the new ribbon connectors are so bloody small, and im thinking even if its plugged in slightly out my a fraction, the HD wont be recognised.

hope that helps.

cochrand84

i had the same problem with my 5.5g, and my solution... plug it in... read all three pages of this thread, and then use your ipod normally....just keeping in mind that you have to charge it before it goes completely dead... i other words, it will fix itself most of the time. thats what it programmed to do it your battery goes completely dead, it boots into something similar to a POST on a computer, and tells you that its charging your battery from being completely dead, as soon as it gets enough charge, it will reboot...

by all means, if leaving it be doesn't fix the problem then result to other methods...

first, reset it, press the menu and middle buttons at the same time.
next, if that doesn't work, leave it pluged in over night, and then take it to the apple store in the morning... with all the apple products that i have ever had...i have never had a problem with taking something in there for their "genius" bar to look at. besides, do you really want to shake something that has a hard drive spinning around in it? come on guys, we are smarter than that......

shannonslocker

I had that too

I had the same thing happen to me. It's a flaw in the design or something. My ipod video would charge, the back would get really hot then when I plugged it into the computer it would instantly die and have the very low battery message.

This kept on happening even after I replaced the battery.

In my experience

shaking it
bonking it on something
even replacing the battery
doing apples reset hold the menu and the other button "solution" repeatedly
messing with the battery connections
blowing on it
holding a seance to revive the ipod's spirit.

Don't work.

I bought another ipod but I kept my old one, so if anyone wants to post a solution that actually works feel free.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
Sheeeese, this thread still alive? :shake:

Very simple: Battery needs replacing after ~400 charge cycles, that's about 2 years and at the end of its life, the battery meter readout is meaningless.

If gets very hot (slightly warm is normal), some circuit is shorted, so unless u or ur buddy knows electronics..... the trash hip.

That's it. Finito. There are no magics.

rite2tejo

i had the same problem with my ipod video 60gb, it was in an endless cycle of restarting and saying very low battery, yesterday night i plugged the ipod in the computer's usb port and left the ipod select and play button pressed by putting some weight over it and went to sleep, when i woke up in the morning my ipod was in disk mode and fully charged again :D

Slash181

seferz said:
Hey, i was reading this, i was swcared my ipod broke too, but it didnt. Heres the thing, it was stuck on the "low battery please wait" screen, and then i saw the persons post that said, all he did was shake it. SO i gave it a good rapid shake for about 10 seconds, and then i looked at it, and it showed a bright glowing apple and then after a few more seconds it started charging. So every1 shake ur ipods for a bit and see if that helps. I mean reallly shake not just a lil light shake. Anyways, for those of u that dont do this already, if you want to stop this from happening, make sure your ipod does not reach the red area on the battery! Thats how they break alot faster, and cause problems like this. Im now gonna make sure i charge mine every 2 days. So...good luck ^^

Well i know this thread has gone on for a looooong time but please spare 2 secs on this and save urself alot of money.
im a musician and i listen to my ipod ALL the time, i mean asoon as i get up to when i go to sleep even when i sleep. im music crazy.

Now the other day my ipod died, i mean ya know full battery, only switches on when ive connected to the mains and doesnt even work when connected to the USB 2.0 port.
And when ya come to forums like these peeps are sayin, "jst buy a new one they die after 2 years anyway"......or......"make sure its a 2.0".....or "charge it" and no one understands what you mean. jst a understanding ive had my 80Gb video ipod since '05 and its been fine throughtout! so dont give me that 2 year BS!!!!
So, i looked at this guy on what he said and i was like lolololol might aswell try it. I mean ####!! After a while....like a week, ya get fed up of it and so frustrated.

So anyway, i shuck this ipod like mad for 10 seconds, really hard and then i pressed the play button n then.....Ping (you may need to reset ur ipod - instructions below on how to....and no, not menu + center button)
This amazed me and saved me quite a bit :D thank you very much

Instructions on Reset if you have same problem:

1) connect you ipod to a adapter, so that its charging from the mains
2)you will notice this works, and you can play music while its connected (if this does not work, you may need new battery)
3)then get ur usb lead in one hand (make sure its connected to pc) and then with ur other hand disconnect the adapter and connect the usb lead straight away, this has to be quick or it switches off and tells you its gotta low battery :mad:
4)once this is done and iTunes recognises the ipod then follow stage 5, if it doesnt work then retry till it does :)
5)Make a backup of all your music and data by actually going to the folders 'iPod_Control' then 'Music'
6)Go to iTunes and 'Restore' the ipod.
7)After updating the new patch it will restart, it will tell you that its got a low battery....here we go again you say :D
8)SHAKE YOU MOTHERFCKER!
9)Now press play or something and you will notice the language selector pops up.....you know the rest :D

please email me if you have any further questions

apart from that, nice meeting you guys....even tho i only made this account just to say this as im so happy and confident that its worked....well i will use this account more tbh as i may need help in the future

Peace

Ste

atoofe

HI
i have ipod video 30 gb and of course a problem:rolleyes:
well my problem is that my ipod only charges so the booting pics comes up (the apple logo) and after a wile it turns off and go back to "plz wait very low battery" and try to boot up and then the very low screen comes up
it doesn't do any ting more
plzz help my i need my lovely ipod to live :eek: :eek:

xXLittleXNoobXx

Read meee

hey been reading your posts latly if any1 has still got this problem try plugging ur ipod into a docking station leave it to charge for a bit and restore your ipod then bam ur done :):):)

kylea026

im jesus

i found an old 30 gb ipod video that was no longer wanted by the owner so i decided id try to fix it. i had this same problem "please wait, very low battery". a little playing around for a bit and its an easy fix.
-plug the ipod in to a power supply
-wait untill the message pops up
-hold down the center button and menu button to restart it
-restart it up to 10 time and then leave it plugged in for 5 minutes.
-restart it again
-eventually it will acquire enough juice to start up and will boot to the main menu.
-it is important to leave it plugged in though so it can charge up

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

rob84044

Same problem here.

Just happened this morning. I woke up and checked my iTunes but there was no iPod detected.

I know for a fact that I have USB 2.0.

Will I have to take it in and get the battery replaced? Because that could pose a problem: I don't have my music on my PC. I throw it on my iPod and then remove it from my computer (simply for space).

I just now tried a hard reset, it did reset. It got to the Apples logo, loaded up, and when it did it gave me the same message. I plugged it into my computer and it once again gave me the message. I guess I'll be making a stop at the Apple store soon...

Will fix any and all issues for the cost of S+H, cost of item to replace, and a lat rate of $25.

Why pay more for the same great and quality product.

kalkoala

I have a solution

OK I know for some of you this is way too late but if I can help others then it will be worth my time. I had the same problem with my old iPod 80GB Video. I tried plugging it in, even with the power adapter and no results. Then I docked it to my Apple HiFi Speakers and Whamo it came back to life. Now I know most people don't have the Apple HiFi so this may not be a solution but many people have iPod docks at home. If you don't have an iPod dock, then take it to the Apple store or even a Best Buy and explain what you are trying to do and ask to borrow the dock on their machines for three minutes or so and take it home to charge the rest.

kalkoala

Will fix any and all issues for the cost of S+H, cost of item to replace, and a lat rate of $25.

Why pay more for the same great and quality product.
OK I know for some of you this is way too late but if I can help others then it will be worth my time. I had the same problem with my old iPod 80GB Video. I tried plugging it in, even with the power adapter and no results. Then I docked it to my Apple HiFi Speakers and Whamo it came back to life. Now I know most people don't have the Apple HiFi so this may not be a solution but many people have iPod docks at home. If you don't have an iPod dock, then take it to the Apple store or even a Best Buy and explain what you are trying to do and ask to borrow the dock on their machines for three minutes or so and take it home to charge the rest.