Still no external mic for iPod Touch 2G ??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rordi

Anyone has seen an external mic for iPod touch 2G. I need it for voice recording. Earbuds with mic are not practical for this use. I bought a Smarttalk (Griffin) -but having a foot of dangling cable is not very practical either.

Thanks for any suggestion

DeBilbao

rordi said:
Anyone has seen an external mic for iPod touch 2G. I need it for voice recording. Earbuds with mic are not practical for this use. I bought a Smarttalk (Griffin) -but having a foot of dangling cable is not very practical either.

Thanks for any suggestion
After reading that the latest firmware of the iPod Touch is able to accept a microphone plugged in the dock connector as the iPod Classic, I went shopping and bought a "Logic3 Microphone Mic for iPod Nano/Classic", and I can confirm that it works flawlessly as a voice recorder solution in my 2 iPod Touch: 1G and 2G.

I've tried with a fantastic application: iPro Recorder that will let you record in different qualities up to 13 hours per GB, store, categorize and even send by e-mail, all with a nice interface.

Not all the applications work, for example Shazam doesn't work, but if you just want Voice Recording this Logic3 mic will do the trick nicely.

The only problem I'm getting with this microphone is that when it's plugged and running, the audio output is muted, either the speaker of the 2G or the headphones in both models, so when trying to use it as an IP telephone with Fring or Nimbuzz it doesn't allow you to listen to the other party. If you unplug the mic, you listen, but if you plug it it gets muted.

¿Any ideas?

keithnyc

Rordi-
There's a neat little device I've been thinking about buying from SwitchEasy called the ThumbTack (it actually looks like one of those colored, plastic office tacks for bulletin boards) that sticks into the earplug hole as records voice notes etc. The one drawbac is that it does not support the use of earphones at the same time, it's one or the other. But at $13 bucks, it's a great alternative if you have to have a mic www.switcheasy.com

Hope this helps;)

voxkeys

yet another mic

I'm quite happy with Mikey from Blue Microphones. It has 3 sensitivity levels and can actually capture live music with some degree of quality - well, enough to use for rehearsal purposes if you're a musician like me.

Works quite well for recording speech, small discussion groups - the mic head also can be angled through about 45 degrees or so.

Price is about $100 which may be a bit much for most people's needs.

Dansm

I got a 3rd party mic, headphones plug into it at my local computer store's(microcenter) bargain shelf $15. Works great with touch I use skype to call internationally.

Brand - iluv i306

they work great 4 me, but I do use my own headphones don't care for earbuds personally. That whole concept seems unsanitary to me. I like to keep stuff out my ears lol

http://shopper.cnet.com/headsets/iluv-i306-headset/4014-13831_9-33397207.html

Last edited:

Rossta76

Switcheasy ThumbTack

Rordi-
There's a neat little device I've been thinking about buying from SwitchEasy called the ThumbTack (it actually looks like one of those colored, plastic office tacks for bulletin boards) that sticks into the earplug hole as records voice notes etc. The one drawbac is that it does not support the use of earphones at the same time, it's one or the other. But at $13 bucks, it's a great alternative if you have to have a mic www.switcheasy.com

Hope this helps;)
I purchased the Switcheasy ThumbTack a few months ago. It works very well for what it is. It works well as a voice recorder, but don't expect to record high quality audio of anything very far away from the mic. It is a great little device if you don't expect it to do more than it was made for.

It's too bad that the external iPod mic is not usable when it is plugged in. Some apps such as Skype have worked around this limitation and put settings into the app so you can use the external speaker. I tried it out and it works fairily well with Skype.

For roughly $15 bucks you can't go wrong with the Switcheasy ThumbTack.