Size of cover art illustration in Itunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

podcastman

Hi all:

I have an album cover that I downloaded from the Internet for an Album that Itunes couldn't find (However Windows media player could go figure :p ).

In any case, I managed to paste the illustration that I got from WMP but it's rather small. What's the optimal size for cover art illustration in Itunes?
Thanks!

xavier

S2_Mac

There's really no "optimal" size; whatever works best for you is what you should get. Like, if art is only going to be displayed in iTunes Grid view and/or on iPod display, anything at 130x130 or larger will do fine (iTunes is going to re-sample the art for display anyway). If you want art that will print decently for CD cases, 300x300 is a good minimum. IIRC, the iTunes Store art is 600x600.

reneipod

Another suggestion is to go to wikipedia and search out the artist and the album in question and most times than not there is cover art accompanied with the article on the album. With iTunes open and the album selected (highlighted) drag and drop the cover art in the bottom left hand corner of iTunes.

anypats

I have just been using Google images. Type in the artist name and the album name and you can find many different sizes of almost anything. I found that the most common was around 240 x 240.

podcastman

Hi all:
Thanks very much for the tips and links! I'll give it a try and see if I can find the covers. :)

xavier